Ended Livelihoods Advisor
Livelihoods Advisor for an INGO
The objective of the position is to assist the program to identify and deliver targeted technical/training and capacity building assistance designed to support the Yemeni people in rebuilding their livelihoods through tightly targeted support services that will help re-establish sustainable farm-level production and marketing activities. We require livelihoods advisors to be based fulltime in Aden.
Scope of Work
- Participate in the design of technical assistance work plans to meet the objectives of the project
- Facilitate the access of consultants to the field and follow-up on the delivery of technical assistance
- Work with program monitoring and evaluation staff to capture program impact
- Build a strong relationship with relevant development and humanitarian actors (UN organizations, WB, etc.) working in livelihoods in the targeted governorates
- Submit regular progress report and articulate implementation challenges
- Perform any other related functions, as required
Essential Minimum Qualifications
- A university degree in social science, business, economics, or agricultural sciences is required. An advanced degree in one of these areas is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant job experience implementing livelihoods support programs
- Experience working with the private sector, NGOs, UN organizations, and government authorities in relevant sub-sectors
- Experience conducting socio-economic studies, value chain analysis, livelihoods assessments, and agriculture assessments highly desirable
- Strong English speaking and writing skills
9 months from July 1, 2019 to March 31,2020
The program offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Interested candidate should send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put the following in the Subject field of your email: Livelihoods Advisor-Aden
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.