Ended Sewage System Specialist
The Job: Sewage system specialist
REPORTS TO : PM
Contract Type: Full time
Contract Duration: 6 Months renewable
Estimated Start Date: 1-6-2019
Building Foundation for Development (BFD), a non-Governmental, non-Profit organization (NGO), a humanitarian based development oriented which over years extended coverage to several governorates. It is being committed to contribute in attainment of the sustainable human development goals and realization of the vision of peace and welfare through sustainable and effective development projects.
please visit www.bfdyemen.org for more information.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
- The Sewage system specialist will be responsible for the design and delivery of high quality Water and Sanitation Infrastructure for Program. S/He will provide leadership in carrying out assessments, design, planning, implementation and monitoring of all WASH construction/rehabilitation activities. S/He will also supervise the design and preparation of all technical documents, Program Description, Bills of Quantities (BoQs) and drawings and the execution and handing over to relevant local authorities. The position will also technically line manage field WASH Engineers across dispersed locations and actively engage with the WASH Cluster, local governments, and all other WASH actors.
Knowledge and Experience
• Education at Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree level in Civil/ WASH Engineering is essential.
• At least five (5) years of practical experience in WASH infrastructure engineering, including documented experience in designing and supervising the implementation of water and sanitation schemes. Previous experience in designing and supervising large urban/rural water schemes is desirable.
• Technical Knowledge and experience of water pumping systems including diesel and solar powered pumping system.
• Good knowledge of Water treatment and quality monitoring methods.
• Knowledge in preparing surveys, planning and execution of construction projects.
• Demonstrable knowledge and experience in using Engineering CAD Software and other computer applications such as Arc GIS, word, excel, access, PowerPoint etc.
• Demonstrable skills in project planning and design, drafting, calculation, Bill of Quantities preparation and technical writing.
• Ability to manage teams and communicate effectively with an ethnically diverse team in a sensitive environment.
• Ability to effectively represent BFD and its interests to key stakeholders including host governments, and national and international NGOs.
• Excellent oral and written English skills required; proficiency in Arabic is as plus.
- Skilled writer and synthesizer of diverse and complex information, helping teams generate new insights into their work, the needs of their country and the region, and how program impact can be scaled.
- Strong communication and facilitation skills and ability to establish good working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders in a sensitive environment. S/he must be able to respond quickly to requests for information.
- Excellent data analytical skills and interpretation. S/he must have ability to write clearly and concisely, and have sound quantitative skills (managing, analyzing and interpreting data).
- Proficiency with MS Office software required (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in using Auto CAD and Sewer CAD or/and relevant applications and software.
If you believe that you have the qualification and skills to excel in this position, please send your CV & Covering letter, Clearly stating the job you are applying
for and the location of the job by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating in the subject line: Sewage System Specialist. Please do not wait for the deadline to apply;
Interviews will be conducted on a ROLLING BASIS, and based on urgency, we may fill the position prior to the closing date
Applications with no clear indication of the subject will not be considered
Deadline to send your application: before: 20/05./2019