National Consultancy Position
Position: Activity Coordinator
Job site: South Taiz
Report to: PM Assistant, Project Manager, Head of Mission
Status: Full time Staff (01.07.2019 – 31.12.2019)
Supervises: Protection Monitors and lawyer. Coordinates closely with Protection Monitoring Coordinator, Community Engagement Coordinator and Cash Distribution Officer to organize and manage all activities on the ground
General: The Activity Coordinator is responsible for the overall qualitative and timely implementation as well as reporting of the activities for the UNHCR funded IDPs project in his/her work area.
INTERSOS is implementing a UNHCR funded project entitled: ‘Provision of life-saving protection services to IDPs and conflict affected PoCs in south Yemen’. The project will address some of the critical needs of IDPs and conflict-affected community in Taiz, Lahj, Aden, Hadramout as continuation and follow-up of the project carried out in 2018.
INTERSOS will support IDPs, Returnees and host communities/conflict affected local communities. The project will ensure: legal assistance, basic case management (providing PSS/PSFA and ensuring quality referral), and unconditional cash for the most vulnerable and high-risk cases. INTERSOS will conduct protection monitoring exercises in the targeted areas through a set of community-based protection monitoring teams (protection monitors combined with outreach volunteers from the IDP and host communities). The movements and needs of the IDPs will be constantly monitored and tracked and the proposed action might be redirected accordingly. Smart tools are used for information collection (household assessments and community level assessment) to better tailor assistance to IDPs and to be shared with other humanitarian partners. Eventually, local community will be empowered through support to Community Based Protection Network in hard to reach areas, which will flag protection concerns and function as a bridge between the communities and the services present on the ground.
- Assist the Protection Monitoring Coordinator in managing Protection Monitoring team movements and activities;
- Coordinate with Cash Distribution Officer to ensure field teams are providing required beneficiaries lists for cash assistance, and that the process is smooth and transparent;
- Support the Community Engagement Coordinator with the Community Based Protection Networks activities;
- Ensure timely reporting from all above-mentioned sectors and convey all information in the weekly/monthly reporting (see below section);
- Assist on the hiring of all staff, collaborating with the Project Manager, Assistant and participating in interviews;
- Follow HR procedures for all staff, ensuring timely submission of documentation to HR and leave management;
- Train staff on INTERSOS procedures and ensure full understanding of the project scope and goals;
- Provide weekly liquidity plans to the Project Manager, each Thursday, in accordance with project budget and needs;
- Take responsibility for the spending of cash and the clearance of pending with Admin office;
- Take responsibility for the proper running of the office and support the Log department and the Project Manager with all procurement related to the Project;
- Assist the Log department in keeping all field bases functional and timely flag operational constraints;
- Coordinate team’s movement on the ground and ensure cost effective use of available resources;
- Share monthly/weekly movement plans or missions;
- Attend external coordination meetings on Protection, Shelter, Cash Assistance, IDPs movements and other relevant topics on behalf of INTERSOS;
- Provide input in external coordination meetings and feedback on issues raised in coordination with the Project Manager.
- Ensure regular internal meetings with all filed staff in order to: organize and plan activities, to listen to staff feedback, inform them of ongoing activities or changes; track project indicators;
- Closely coordinate with local authorities to guarantee a smooth implementation of activities;
- Provide weekly, monthly and weekly reports on activities implemented, according to what requested on the shared reporting tools;
- Support the Reporting Officer and the PM assistant in drafting Protection Trend Analysis reports;
- On an informal basis, report to the Project Manager on trends established and protection concerns raised;
- Timely flag operational constraints to the Project Manager and the PM Assistant.
- Commit to participate to any other task in order to achieve the project overall objective;
- Always ensure confidentiality and conduct all activities respectfully and sensitively to beneficiaries and staff.
- Hold an BA in social services or any other relevant subject;
- At least 3 years of professional experience working within the Protection Sector;
- Experience in team management, supervision of team and motivation of team;
- Familiarity with case management principles, standards and procedures;
- Strong organization, collaboration, representation and negotiation skills;
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent computer skills (proven computer literacy);
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of INTERSOS;
- Strong understanding of humanitarian principles and protection guidelines;
- Knowledge of the area of responsibility
- Experience in unconditional cash assistance programming;
- Native Arabic - Excellent written and spoken English;
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment;
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity;
- Attention to detail and structured way of approaching tasks;
- Ability to plan and output oriented;
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment;
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management;
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills;
- Practical and problem-solver;
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure;
- Deadline for submission of application: 30 May 2019
- Documents to be submitted: CV and Motivation Letter (incomplete applications will be not considered), in addition to contact details for minimum 2 reference persons (include position and relation)
- How to send the application: by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (applications delivered by hand will be not considered)
- Clearly mention the job and location that you are applying for in the subject of your e-mail!