Health and Nutrition Project Assistant
Health and Nutrition Project Assistant – IBB
With health and Nutrition Project officer will support the daily operational management of all component of primary health care activities in the assigned region, and provide the technical support for health and nutrition team, ensure timely flow of information to and from filed, This position is also responsible to monitor and evaluate health and nutrition services delivery according to national protocol. Beside provision of technical support, training and capacity building, , supervision of whole project, and report writing
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
- Ensure that clinical protocols are accessible to medical staff in the field and support the team and adhered with them.
- Oversee/conduct assessments as needed in the health facilities and communities in coordination with the MOPHP/ GHO;
- Supervise comprehensive training programs for health and nutrition HWs in CMAM / IYCF, IMCI, RH and EPI, as well as CHWs and maintain a record of all trainings conducted;
- Ensure treatment protocols for SAM and MAM cases are followed and understood at the HFs
- Supervise primary health care activities at HFs and screening of children 6-59 months at targeted areas and referral of needed malnourished cases and life saving cases to the nearest hospitals and general supervision for all nutrition programs in targetd districts, with overall technical guidance of nutrition team;
- Ensure referral mechanisms are in place (between SC/OTP/TSFP/IYCF Corners)
- Ensure proper management of pharmaceuticals, other medical supplies and nutritional stock and follow up stock movement and stock cards and consumption rate, moreover, ensure quality of warehouse management at HFs.
- Ensure all staff understand and implement program guidelines used for CMAMA protocols and for assessing the mother-child pair, advising the best feeding option and following up as appropriate.
- Ensure appropriate and consistent education messaging to mothers and other carer at OTP/TSFP and in the community.
- Provide regular supervision and technical support for health facilities including data collection/records of beneficiaries and program activities, as well as timely implementation and reaching targets according to the program objectives to ensure safe, effective delivery of health care to target population.
- Ensure submition of weekly and monthly progress report of health and nutrition activities and submit report on time and work with health information system officer to ensure that production statistic is collected, compiled and reported to senior managers.
- Ensure a system for monitoring and evaluation of staff's performance is in place and adhered with, as well as, conduct field visits to all sites of intervention including joint supervision visits with GHO/DHO and provide recommendations to be discussed with senior managers and implement the action points.
- Facilitate periodical review meeting with HWs, CHWs and key community groups to discuss on key nutrition practices;and provide technical support & advise to community volunteers, teachers and other key community groups in order to promote recommended nutrition practices.
- Provide data, case studies and success stories to enrich reports for both internal and external use.
- Ensure that staff responsibilities are clearly defined and understood with performance objectives set against work plans and regularly monitored.
- Ensure that staff requirements are identified and that staff are given every opportunity to increase their competencies, capacities and own personnel development.
- Ensure a mechanism in place to monitor and evaluate clinical health & nutrition services.
- Attend weekly meeting with other health & nutrition team, and Perform other duties requested by his line manager.
- Supervise the implementation of PHC activities at field (treatment of communicable diseases, EPI, RH, ORT, etc.)
- To take any other relevant tasks given by the supervisor.
Bachelor, Diploma in medical or equivalent; (nursing/medical qualification desirable).
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At last 2-3 years' experience in health and nutrition management or supervisory position.
- Excellent computer skill including Word, Excel, and power point
- Fluent written and spoken English and Arabic languages
- Proven ability to manage a programme including management of human and material resources.
- Experience in staff training and capacity building
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels, taking into account cultural and language difficulties.
- Training on CMAM and IYCF is required
- Ability to work cooperatively and strategically in a team environment with all level of professional, technical and administrative staff and to integrate resources on timely and organized basis.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Flexible, adaptable, able to improvise and work in stressful, volatile environment
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen
All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guardian Policy and Reference Checking Process.
Qualified and interested applicants should send their CVs to this link :
The deadline for receiving applications is 29th/05/2019