Pharmacist Officer – IBB
Under overall guidance and supervision health Coordinator, the pharmacist will support the daily operational management of all pharmacies and pharmacists activities in the assigned region, and provide the technical support for pharmacists, ensure timely flow of information to and from filed, This position is also responsible to monitor and evaluate pharmacies in delivery according to national protocol.
In addition, support the program in term of regulating the consumption of all medication items including therapeutic foods and equipment's.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
- Prepares and hands-over medications and medical supplies and equipment in SCI operating areas.
- Guarantees the implementation and proper use (following SCI and MOPH’s standards) of pharmacy management and monitoring tools (daily follow up form, order forms, etc.).
- Ensures that projects’ pharmacies are organized and managed properly.
- Participates in the set up of new pharmacies in the health facilities and defines how they should be run.
- Ensures the information flow the other members of the team concerning stock levels, pharmacy management and prescriptions.
- Oversees the monitoring of equipment with the logistics and finance teams.
- Manages donations and the destruction of expired medicines in conformity with national procedures.
- Collecting and Submitting of weekly and monthly consumption report to health officer and health program coordinator.
- Manages the emergency stock and emergency boxes (relating to international and national staff health).
- In collaboration with the medical coordinator, defines the contents of, organises and manages the stock pre-positioned in the capital.
- Ensuring that narcotics and psychotropic drugs management follows national legislation and enables the traceability of products.
- Insure that no shortage of medicines and supplies in the targeted health facilities from the available stock.
- Collection and Preparation of Monthly consumption and warehouse reports.
- Ensure Proper GIK management.
Medical supply and orders
- In collaboration with the medical and logistics team, ensures there is a supply process for medicines and medical material in the project that functions properly (procedures, etc.).
- Communicates regularly with the medical, logistics, HR and finance departments concerning medical supply.
- Guarantees respect of SCI’s recommendations and information process in case of local purchase.
- Basic principle: the medical order must be prepared by the persons in charge of pharmacies in the projects and their health and Nutrition coordinator, in collaboration with the health officer.
- Assists the logistics teams with customs clearance procedures of medical orders, if needed.
- Ensures that the final version of orders has been sent to the field (lead time, quantities, etc.)
- Perform any other tasks as required by line manager or program manger or technical manager.
Identify learning and training opportunities for program staff and partners and work as a mentor and role model for less experienced staff.
- University degree in pharmaceutical sciences .
- 2years of relevant work experience in pharmacy
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience in pharmacy management
- Experience in designing and implementing trainings.
- Experiace in Computer and Microsoft office programs.
- Strong experience in GIK management.
- Experience in representation and interaction with partners & government officials.
- Good in English and fluent in Arabic.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively and strategically in a team environment with all level of professional, technical and administrative staff and to integrate resources on timely and organized basis a participatory and consultative management approach.
- Flexible, adaptable, able to improvise and work in stressful, volatile environment
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen
All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guardian Policy and Reference Checking Process.
Qualified and interested applicants should send their CVs to this link
The deadline for receiving applications is 29th /05/2019.