Ended Health & Nutrition Program Officer
ZOA is a Netherlands based International NGO which offers RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA wants to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities, we work on their RECOVERY until they can take care of their livelihoods. ZOA has been operational in Yemen since 2012, mainly focusing on WASH and Food security & Livelihoods interventions in Sana’a, Hajjah, Hodeidah, Al Mahwit and Aden Governorates. ZOA Yemen is a fast growing organisation and has recently opened new offices. ZOA currently seeking for national qualified candidates for:
Health & Nutrition Program Officer – 1 position
The Health and Nutrition Programme Officer will be responsible for assisting the Health & Nutrition Coordinator with the day to day running of the Health and Nutrition projects ZOA are implementing in Hajjah and Al-Mahwit governorates.
Supporting the Health and Nutrition (H&N) Coordinator with the direct implementation and coordination of the designated field projects. Compilation of reports, analysis of data and evaluation of the health and nutrition aspects of the ZOA projects in coordination with ZOA H&N Coorindator; coordination and collaboration with other agencies and stakeholders on behalf of the H&N Coordinator as needed (including MOPHP, local authorities and clusters); processing necessary approvals and permissions; assistance with written and verbal translation; travel to project sites; support with any other task as required by the H&N Coordinator. The H&N Programme Officer will play a key role in ensuring ZOA programmes meet set quality standards as well as following national and international guidelines.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Commit to the humanitarian principles of strict neutrality, religious and political impartiality and non-discrimination
- Know, understand, and comply with ZOA internal policies and procedures
- Be willing to travel to locations outside Sana’a
- Develop effective and professional relationships with relevant officials and departments
- Assist the H&N Coordinator as needed to coordinate and liaise with authorities and ministries to effect the completion of necessary agreements and permission withdepartments and ministries relevant for ZOA operations
- Represent ZOA when requested by the Health and Nutrition Coordinator at external meetings, including cluster and sub-cluster meetings, and relevant working groups
- Communicate regularly with field project officers and staff, including conducting regular field visits, to monitor project progress.
Administration & Logistics
- Provide accurate verbal and written translation of documentation in both English and Arabic
- Assist with preparation of letters and agreements between ZOA and external stakeholders, ensuring they remain valid and relevant and that the terms and conditions are clear
- Prepare and draft accurate and timely weekly, monthly and quarterly internal and external reports as required by H&N Coordinator
- Ensure a clear and transparent paper trail is in place for all transactions, that records are kept in an orderly and timely fashion and that the filing (archive) system is in line with ZOA and donor requirements
- Cooperate with ZOA Logistic, Finance, Admin and Human Resources departments in order to facilitate field activities. In collaboration with relevant stakeholders and ZOA logistics Programme Assistant ensure that sufficient supplies are available at health facilities to avoid stock outs.
- In collaboration with H&N Coordinator, organise meetings schedule
Clinical, Programming and Training
- At times, as required by the public health and programmatic needs, coordinate the set-up and day to day running of an Oral Rehydration Point, in collaboration with the H&N Coordinator and Programme Manager
- Monitor and ensure quality of beneficiary feedback mechanism in collaboration with MEAL team
- Assist the H&N Coordinator in developing a plan for training of healthcare staff in line with ZOA policy and MOPHP guidelines
- Conduct preparation and on job training on IMCI, RH, cholera treatment protocols, CMAM guidelines, IYCF and other topics as necessary, in line with MOPHP and ZOA guidelines
- Assist in carrying out assessments/surveys baseline household surveys when needed
- Ensure that gender and protection are mainstreamed in the programme
- Other tasks as requested by H&N Coordinator
- UN agenices and other NGOS active in health and nutrition
- Technical clusters and sub-clusters
- MOPHP, key community leaders and authorities
- Health and Nutrition Programme Manager, Health and Nutrition Coordinator, Programme Coordinator (Hajjah, Al Hudaydah), Logistics Officer (Sana’a),
- Health and Nutrition Officers at governorate level.
- Programmeme and area managers on office/logistic related issues and challenges
- Medical Doctor/Nursing Diploma or Degree
- Degree in community health /masters in public health desirable
- 5 years of relevant work experience in primary and secondary health care services, including at least 2 years’ experience with international NGO desired
- Knowledge and practice of Community Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM) protocols and programming desirable
- Experience working in cholera response desirable
- Good working skills with Word, Excel, and use of outlook for email. Experience writing reports desirable
- Self-motivated with a desire to serve the community in hard to reach areas. Willing to be trained and to learn new skills.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Attitude to mobilise the community
- Enjoys working within an international team. Experience working in an international team desirable.
- Flexible and willing to work under pressure.
- Creative and open-minded
- Skills in clinical treatment and supervision
- Good numerical, report writing and administration skill
- Able to capacity build and lead health clinical and supervisory staff
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Judgment and problem solving
Location: Sana’a with frequent visits to the field
Start date: as soon as possible, contract until 31st of December 2019 with possibility for extension
Please send your cover letter and CV, together with 3 recent references in English with reference to the applied position to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE mention the JOB TITLE + LOCATION in the Subject Field of your email and Please mention your name in the uploading CV
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and only completed applications will be accepted
Deadline for application: 21st of May 2019