Ended IT Support Assistant
Job Title: IT Support Assistant
Department: Operation Department
Reports to: IT Support Officer
Location: Ibb, Yemen
Global Communities is a global development organization committed to working in partnership with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable, impactful changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable. Development is not something we do for people; it is something we do with them. We believe that the people who understand their needs best are the people of the community itself. Global Communities’ Department of Humanitarian Assistance (HA) has developed a strategy for the organization’s response to the Yemen crisis, anchored in a field presence. Specifically, HA is responding directly in Yemen, intensifying Global Communities’ assistance to vulnerable Yemenis. Global Communities, with its more than 60-year experience in over 80 countries, has the commitment to be a strong part of humanitarian response to Yemen by building up the capacity of vulnerable groups and strengthening their resilience to improve their living conditions with a long-lasting, positive and community-based change.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The IT Support Assistant will be responsible and accountable for the following duties:
- To be responsible on all Global Communities’ IT infrastructures, this include IT networks, internet, servers, laptops, desktops, printers, fax, etc.
- Provide technical advisory services in relation to new or appropriate office technology and options.
- Provide help desk support to all users on IT issues.
- Ensure that computer network and other office technology access privileges, application and data storage requirement and regular backups are configured and maintained.
- Schedule regular computer and other technology related service, maintenance and license renewals.
- Define, deploy and maintain system security for shared services.
- Ensure installation and maintenance of protection services (Anti-viruses and firewalls) for the entire office setup.
- Insure adding all users to the domain in coordination with HQ IT Department.
- Provide hardware and software support to all program equipment, servers, computers, laptops etc.
- Setup internet connectivity for all staff and ensure internet bills being paid on time.
- Investigating, diagnosing and solving computer software and hardware faults.
- Weekly ink printer check.
- Perform other duties, as needed or requested by the direct supervisor.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field is required and 1- year experience preferred.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and teamwork-oriented.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organization skills.
- Good in written and verbal English and Arabic is required. Must be able to read and interpret documents, and communicate with others as necessary to perform job duties effectively
- Proficient in standard Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook) and typing.
- Ability to travel as required within Yemen.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels.
- Sense of neutrality and ability to work across Yemen, in cooperation with all parties to the conflict.
From May 2019 until 31 March 2020.
- Application should consist of a one page cover letter and detailed resume or CV. Cover letter should include the applicant’s earliest date of availability. Resume or CV should include the applicant’s detailed work and educational history.
- Applications should be submitted to https://podio.com/webforms/21463955/1491567
- Applications submitted after 19 May, 2019 will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.