Ended Pharmacist Assistant (2)
Pharmacist Assistant (two positions) – Based in Taiz
- Assist the Health and nutrition Program in Taiz, in particular for the timely supply and appropriate storage of their medical supplies.
- To ensure that the aspects of the health Program, in terms of drugs and consumables and supplies, are implemented to a high quality and in line with organizational and international standards.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Pharmacist officer.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Implement an effective drugs management system, in line with Save the Children procedures.
- Conduct regular field (Clinic) visit to train the staff and track the consumption of the medical items.
- Fix the drug management system in the SCI supported health facilities, monitor and document temperature and humidity of the pharmacy and temperature of fridges.
- Train and supervise clinic staff to organize drugs and medical supplies for easy distribution, and ensure appropriate stock movement records are in place, kept up-to-date, and spot-checked.
- Maintain appropriate inventory on pharmaceutical and medical supplies.
- Performing regular field visits to SCI targeted HFs and operating areas.
- Contributes to team effort to achieve project results.
- Updating and entering the data to drugs management systems including online systems.
- Raise weekly and monthly HFs reports, health workers’ attendance and monthly incentive.
- Report any problems in a timely manner to the line manager.
- Prepare weekly and monthly progress reports and statistic reports for submission to the line manager.
- Comply with SC policies and practices with respect to child protection, code of conduct, child safeguarding, health and safety, equal opportunity and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Develop forecasting for medical supplies, medicines according to the consumption reports from the health facilities.
- Assess pharmacy needs in health facilities and mobile clinics, including storage and security. Propose and fulfil any necessary changes required.
- Share consumption and supply information in a timely manner through regular meetings with all stakeholders, ensuring information gathered is regularly and accurately recorded, collation and analysis of information for further dissemination, monitoring, documenting and reporting on project.
- Develop standard list of Medicines and medical supplies according to MoPHP guidelines and protocol.
- Ensure the standard in the field drug stores and close coordination with MoPHP for restricted items and medical supplies procured from outside the country.
- Other duties as assigned by line manager.
Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, AND ATTRIBUTES
- Bachelor degree in pharmaceutical sciences or equivalent.
- 2 years of relevant work experience in pharmacy, ideally including in humanitarian – health INGO.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, with the ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to questions from line managers
- English language skills, both written and spoken are desirable.
- Computer literate including the use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- To have manageable work plans and evaluate progress,
- Competent and organized Pharmacist with significant experience in managing medical supply chains more than two years.
- Experience of procurement, warehousing, stock control, transport, and distribution of goods.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work in multi-cultural environment.
- Able to effectively engage with communities, including children, and health officials.
- Flexible and positive approach to work.
- Able to work in a stressful and changing environment with limited resources.
- Good information seeking skills and analytical approach.
- Concern for the wellbeing of children and interest in Child Rights.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen.
All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guarding Policy and Reference Checking Process.
Interested candidates should apply via Pharmacist Assistant Application
The deadline for receiving applications is 19/05/2019