Ended Health Field Officer
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and armed violence. Please visit www.icrc.org for more information.
The ICRC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of:
Health Field Officer
Contract type : Open Ended
Level of Post : B1
Number of Posts : 1 Post
Duty Station : Sa’ada
Health Field Officer 1 contributes to implementing, running and monitoring the health programme(s), in cooperation with the health team, according to the objectives set out in the delegation's annual planning (Planning for Results) for a specific geographic area or field of activities.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Implements health programmes in his/her geographic area or field of responsibility/expertise.
- Conducts assessments and regular field visits (as relevant) to monitor activities and health-related threats to the population.
- Facilitates field trips (as relevant) and helps communicate with the local population/victims/beneficiaries.
- Ensures proper management of information collected and produces the subsequent reports.
- Participates in analysis of and reflection on the overall health situation; contributes to realistic project proposals in line with the delegation's objectives and priorities.
- Helps organize meetings; advises staff members on matters such as culture, politics, the economy, security, etc.
- Interprets at meetings and translates documents into local languages.
- Carries out logistical tasks regarding medical items, including for staff-health issues, and organizes distributions to beneficiaries in the field when required.
- Liaises and builds networks with local stakeholders to facilitate communication on and coordination of activities, thereby ensuring more efficient implementation of health programmes. May represent the ICRC vis-à-vis beneficiaries, local authorities, humanitarian players, armed groups, etc.
Scope & Impact
- Contributes to financial monitoring of the costs involved in the project(s)/activities supported.
- Geographic remit: local.
- Internally, interacts with health/hospital staff (Health Delegate, Health Coordinator), Head of Sub Delegation/Office and non-health staff.
- Externally, interacts with local (health) authorities, international and local stakeholders (International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement partners, UN, NGOs) in his/her geographic area or field of responsibility, armed groups and beneficiaries.
- Degree in medicine, nursing or other relevant health profession (e.g. psychology, psychiatry).
- Fluent written and spoken command of the local working language as well as French and/or English.
Professional Experience Required
- 3 years' of total work experience in field of expertise.
- Good knowledge of the assigned geographic area.
- Excellent computer skills.
- People management
- Team work & Collaboration
- Representing the ICRC
- Beneficiary & Client focus
Interested candidates should send the following:
- A letter of motivation in English
- A detailed C.V. in English
- Copy only of the highest academic degree obtained + Work certificates
Please send your applications by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating in the subject line: Health Field Officer
Applications with no clear indication of the subject will not be considered
Deadline to send your application: 20.05.2019