Ended WASH Project Manager
Building Foundation for Development (BFD), a non-Governmental, non-Profit organization (NGO), a humanitarian based development oriented which over years extended coverage to several governorates. It is being committed to contribute in attainment of the sustainable human development goals and realization of the vision of peace and welfare through sustainable and effective development projects.
please visit www.bfdyemen.org for more information.
Job Title: WASH Project Manager
Report to: Program Director
Contract duration: From 1st June 2019 until 31st March 2020 ren, above 2000 USD per month
Duties and Responsibilities:
Key responsibilities of the Agriculture officer shall include the following:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the assigned WASH project to meet the project objectives within budget and allotted time frame.
- Prepare the implementation project plans with participation of project team.
- Continuously monitoring and supervising WASH activities, overseeing the technical design, execution and evaluation of progress through outputs and impacts using both quantitative and qualitative data.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of activities according to program manager, donor and other applicable timeframes and formats.
- Ensure that minimum standards of technical quality are adhered in all engineering activities and interventions, which are technically appropriate, suitable for the given emergency stage, realistic and on budget.
- Facilitate regular staff meetings to ensure awareness of project objectives, and opportunity for feedback.
- Participate in the relevant sub-cluster meetings and other related forum at district or governorate level.
- Be directly responsible for the technical guidance, management and implementation of the Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Program.
- Ensure that implementation of project in accordance with the proposals and donor requirements, on-time, on-budget and expected quality.
- Preparing a staff working schedule according to their assigned tasks.
- Document and share lessons learnt in a comprehensive and detailed manner to enable track trends on changes on a timely basis.
- Capacity and ability to build trust and relationships to organize people and manage performance of team.
- Liaise with the authorities, committees and other beneficiaries.
- Maintain good relations between the team and the target population.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, preferably in water and sanitation.
- 3-5 years of experience in WASH related activities.
- Knowledge of designing water and sanitation systems.
- Solid knowledge of gender equality minimum standards and their application in humanitarian responses.
- A high level of written and spoken English and Arabic
Work Skills & Abilities
List specific skills and abilities needed for satisfactory performance in the position.
- Excellent team management skills.
- Ability to plan and deliver results in the field and ability to develop team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the community, supervisors and colleagues.
- Trustworthy and able to manage resources effectively.
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation tools.
- Commitment to the aims and Humanitarian principles with respect and dignity, while working towards protecting beneficiaries and vulnerable populations from sexual exploitation and Abuse by workers aid.
- Understanding of the social, political and economic context of the Country.
- Ability to think independently and problem solve.
- Strong planning organizational skills, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
Honest, hardworking and committed to community development.
- Be a team player and ready to collaborate with others in positive manner.
- Ability to travel independently, including to rural communities and work long hours.
- Interested candidates should send CVs to: email@example.com
- please mention in the email subject the position and location you apply for it.