Ended Supply Chain Officer - Warehouse
Job Title: Supply Chain Officer - Warehouse
Band/ Level / Grade: 8B
Department: Operations/Supply Chain
Location: Yemen | Al Dhale’e
Overtime Eligible: (per local law) n/a
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and in 22 US cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC Yemen Country program has been established in 2012, and currently is implementing integrated Health, Nutrition, Environmental Health (WASH), Economic Recovery and Development, Women Protection and Empowerment and Education programming in eight governorates. The IRC Yemen Country Program operates with its Country Office in Sana’a and its main Field Office in Aden. Other subfield offices include Abyan, Hodeida and Al Dhale, with the Al Dhale office covering Lahaj, and the Abyan office covering activities in Shabwa.
To manage all warehouse activities in Al Dhale’e and provide support, capacity building and oversight to warehouse staff in field locations. The post holder will report regularly to the SCM in Aden technically and to Sr. Field manager on day-to-day basis to ensure effective and efficient stock management and delivery in accordance with IRC Policy and procedures and as directed by the SCC/SCM.
- Assist Supply Chain staff in identifying, assessing and setting up new warehouse/stores to meet the program needs.
- Ensure warehouse(s) is appropriate for use, clean, well maintained and secure. Manage warehouse access.
- Assess need and ensure required warehouse equipment (shelves, pallets, trolleys, fire extinguishers etc.) are available.
- Ensure stock management procedures are in place including: up to date and accurate stock records , all supporting documents for stock movements; systems for monitoring stock movements and regular physical stock-takes and management checks.
- Ensure Warehouse Register and Authorization Schedule is in place, updated and adhered to.
- Continuously liaise with Al Dhale based procurement staff, Aden-based procurement and warehouse staff to stay informed about anticipated deliveries of supplies from supplier and/or Aden warehouse. Ensure to receive necessary information (quantities, detailed specifications, samples where applicable, supplier and driver contacts etc.) to ensure proper inspection at delivery.
- Inspect supplies upon arrival to warehouse and report any damage, missing items, discrepancies or items not per ordered specifications. Inform program staff in advance to be present during inspection for program-specific supplies. Produce Delivery Report and share with procurement team on time.
- Ensure all stock is labeled per projects and programs and stock cards are updated on regular basis.
- Conduct periodic checks, monthly, quarterly and annually as part of standard practices. Ensure inventory tracking sheet is updated on regular basis and shared with SC Manager, Sr. Field Manager and concerned programs regularly.
- Monitor stock levels and advise on appropriate stocking and replenishment to meet program demands.
- Liaise closely will program teams for distribution planning and minimize/eliminate inventory on closed grants.
- Ensure the most cost effective and reliable means of transport is used for the timely delivery of supplies to program project sites. Coordinate the loading/unloading of stocks in a timely and efficient manner from warehouse to distribution point.
- Work in close collaboration with other members of the IRC team; provide overview of logistics requirements for the expansion or start-up of new programs.
- Ensure expired supplies are reported and disposed of after required and approved documentation is in place.
- Ensure up-to-date lease tracking sheet is maintained for all warehouses/stores, monitoring contract expiry dates and alerting Supply Chain staff for timely extensions; ensure rent payments are prepared and processed on time.
- Support Supply Chain staff with maintenance, design and organizing storage facilities if requested so by the supervisor.
Human Resource Management:
- Manage Medical Supply Chain Assistant for warehouse, set objectives and perform performance evaluation on six monthly basis;
- Manage annual leave of direct reports.
- Provide inventory management training and guidance to direct reports and other Supply Chain and rogram staff, if required.
- Liaise with HR/Admin Officer in recruiting and discipline procedures for direct report in accordance with IRC HR policy (if required or assigned).
- Build and maintain effective relationships, with his/her team, colleagues and external partners and supporters.
- Inspection of materials when received
- Inspection of materials during dispatch
- Up to date documentation of receipt and dispatch
- Reporting stock levels
- Up to date and complete warehouse documentation. Organized filing.
- Documenting cycle and end-of-fiscal year counting process
- Reporting discrepancies
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Sr. Field Manager, with dotted line to SC Manager
Position directly supervises: Warehouse staff and casual worker/labors
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Supply Chain, Administration and Finance staff, warehouse staff in Aden, program staff in the field.
External: Vendors and service providers
Education: Technical education or Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration or equivalent.
Technical Skills & Experience:
- 2-3 year experience in warehouse and stock management, logistics or operations.
- Experience in transport and distribution.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Experience of building the capacity of logistics staff through the use of training, performance management and development plans
- Strong ability to prioritize work under pressure, maintain attention to detail, and coordinate multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
Soft Skills and Competencies:
- Customer & client centered and service oriented mind & attitude, and ability to work independently under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility. Energetic, with good communication skills.
- Detail-orientation and professional patience.
- Sense of professional discretion, integrity, and ability to manage situations diplomatically and to effective resolution.
Language Skills: Fluency in English and Arabic to communicate clearly and effectively.
Computer Skill: MS Office – MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook
Working Environment: Based in Al Dhale’e office, travel to program site stores, if required
There is active conflict in parts of the country and a possibility for further expansion of the conflict and violence into other areas. Staff must comply with all IRC security policies and procedures applicable to international staff. Security will be thoroughly discussed during the interview process.
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link: https://rescue.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=1&c=rescue&id=4966
Deadline for Applying 28 May 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.