Ended IT Assistant
Job Title: IT Assistant
Band/ Level / Grade: 9A
Location: Yemen | Al Dhale
Overtime Eligible: (per local law) n/a
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and in 22 US cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC Yemen Country program has been established in 2012, and currently is implementing integrated Health, Nutrition, Environmental Health (WASH), Economic Recovery and Development, Women Protection and Empowerment and Education programming in eight governorates. The IRC Yemen Country Program operates with its Country Office in Sana’a and its main Field Office in Aden. Other subfield offices include Abyan, Hodeida and Al Dhale, with the Al Dhale office covering Lahaj, and the Abyan office covering activities in Shabwa.
An IT assistant's duties include configuring hardware and software, setting up peripherals such as printers or routers, repairing equipment, and providing daily support for computer network users. Assistants will provide on-spot troubleshooting or remote support via e-mails regarding the computer network or communication systems. IT Assistant will be based at IRC office in Al Dhale and support staff based in Al Dhale and Lahj governorates in liaison with the IT Manager.
Help Desk and Support
- Provides level 1 troubleshooting, system and hardware maintenance tasks and repairs for computer equipment locally and remotely for sub offices.
- Properly documents support, repairs, and project activities using a helpdesk ticketing system.
- Prepares an up to date inventory report of all ICT equipment in use by performing monthly asset verifications for all IT assets in the office including Software & licenses (Box, WebEx and Cyberoam FWs).
- Installs, troubleshoots and updates antivirus software.
- Provides basic training to new staffs on Information Technology policy.
- Delivers/presents basic training materials to end users for new systems used widely in the organization.
- Any other IT related tasks assigned by the supervisor, IT Manager or Regional IT team to accomplish the overall organizational goals.
Networking and Internet
- Troubleshoots internet connection and helps to provide a reliable internet connection for the sites through proper liaison with the ISP.
- Monitors the office WAN connection.
- Monitors network devices operation and performance.
- Provides technical input and support to the Office Local Area Network. Ensures proper record-keeping of breakdowns, problems and maintenance carried out.
- Assists to install, configure, and maintain networking equipment.
- Provides planning, documentation and support for IT infrastructure.
- Installs and troubleshoots network peripherals. Promotes efficient and correct use of printer(s) by all staff.
- Provides basic technical support to the office CCTV system and assists Humanitarian Access and Supply Chain staff with day-to-day use and maintenance.
Servers and backup
- Server level administration, installs and maintains servers.
- Provides basic troubleshooting for server and associated systems.
- Ensures that server backup is done on regular basis.
- Provides and maintains local data backups and cloud based data backup.
- Performs periodic checks on the server backup power system.
Prepares weekly report for supervisor.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Sr. Field Manager, IT Manager in Aden
Position directly supervises: None
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Supply Chain, Administration, and all programs.
External: Vendors and service providers
Education: Bachelor Degree in computer science or related field.
Technical Skills & Experience:
- At least 1 year experience in IT support position.
- Computer imaging skills required.
- Outlook and MS Office knowledge required.
- Good English (written and spoken) communication skills is required.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
Soft Skills and Competencies:
- Customer/Client service experience.
- Able to work independently and within a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility. Energetic, with great communication skills.
- Detail-orientation and professional patience.
- Sense of professional discretion, integrity, and ability to manage situations diplomatically and to effective resolution.
Language Skills: Fluency in English and Arabic to communicate clearly and effectively.
Position Based: Al Dhale
There is active conflict in parts of the country and a possibility for further expansion of the conflict and violence into other areas. Staff must comply with all IRC security policies and procedures applicable to international staff. Security will be thoroughly discussed during the interview process.
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link: https://rescue.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=1&c=rescue&id=4962
Deadline for Applying 28 May 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.