Ended MEL Assistant
Mercy Corps is a leading international non-governmental humanitarian agency with a global mission to alleviate suffering, poverty and oppression by helping people build secure, productive and just communities.
Mercy Corps Yemen would like to announce that the following position is currently open for recruitment:
Position Title: MEL Assistant
Number of Vacancy: one
Duty Station: Taiz- Mokha
Position Category: Full-time AND Regular
Duration of Assignment: 1 year
Deadline : 23 May 2019
Mercy Corps (MC) is a non-profit, non-aligned, secular non-governmental (NGO) humanitarian relief and development organization, registered in the United States and Scotland with offices in more than 40 countries around the world, including Yemen, where the organization has recently expanded with a robust humanitarian response in the governorates of Sana’a, Taiz and Aden.
Political instability, civil insecurity, an intensified war, and localized conflicts have plunged the country into a serious humanitarian crisis, and put into further jeopardy an already precarious humanitarian situation of Yemen. Through the Emergency Response for IDPs, Returnees and Conflict Affected Communities in Yemen program, Mercy Corps has been providing effective and timely life-saving and livelihood-restoring assistance to the most vulnerable populations in Yemen since 2015. The program is now on its Year 3 continuously providing a comprehensive response, which includes WASH, livelihood restoration, Nutrition and health focusing on cholera .
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Assistant will collect, enter, and maintain relevant data in order for the team to measure program impact and ensure compliance with the MC Minimum Standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Management of Data and Information Systems
- Frequent field visits to conduct an on-going data collection process through interviews with beneficiary households and other stakeholders and ensure high-quality data is collected in accordance to MEL plans
- Participate in the MEL activities as required (Onsite Distribution Monitoring, PDM, Vendors Monitoring, Quality Control Checks, and Market Assessment, etc…)
- Enter monitoring data into computer-based data collection system according to MEL plan and workplans
- Implement data quality assurance processes, including PDMs, assessments, and beneficiary verification
- Ensure accuracy of entered data according to data flow and MEL plan
- Support MEL Officer in supervising enumerators and data entry clerks as needed
Data Analysis and Reporting
- Support MEL Officer to provide timely reports and data summaries as directed in work plans
- Participate in the dissemination and presentation of data back to programs and communities
- Participate in data review workshops with MEL and program staff
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to the organization and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: MEL Officer
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: Program team, MEL staff, enumerators, data entry clerks, Operations
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least completion of Secondary Education in relevant field is required.
- Experience working within an international NGO is preferred.
- Understanding of the social, political and economic context of ________
- Computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel.
- Strong oral and written English and Arabic skills.
- Ability to think independently and problem solve.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Honest, hardworking and committed to community development
The successful MEL Assistant will have an outstanding ability to mobilize community for data collection S/he should have ability to undertake multiple tasks and be flexible. S/he should have problem solving skills and pay attention to details.
The most successful Mercy Corps staff members have a strong commitment to teamwork and accountability, thrive in evolving and changing environments with an appropriate sense of humor and make effective written and verbal communication a priority in all situations
Please note that Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer. As a result, Mercy Corps Yemen recruits staff members based on the qualifications for the position, without regard to tribal affiliation, race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, disability, HIV status, marital status, or any other characteristic that may be protected by law.
Please if you are interesting send your CV to email@example.com the deadline is 23 May 2019
Please mention in the email subject the position and location you apply for it.