Mercy Corps is a leading international non-governmental humanitarian agency with a global mission to alleviate suffering, poverty and oppression by helping people build secure, productive and just communities.
Mercy Corps Yemen would like to announce that the following position is currently open for recruitment:
Position Title: MEL Officer
Number of Vacancy: one
Duty Station: Taiz- Alturbah
Position Category: Full-time AND Regular
Duration of Assignment: 1 year
Deadline : 23 May 2019
Mercy Corps (MC) is a non-profit, non-aligned, secular non-governmental (NGO) humanitarian relief and development organization, registered in the United States and Scotland with offices in more than 40 countries around the world, including Yemen, where the organization has recently expanded with a robust humanitarian response in the governorates of Sana’a, Taiz and Aden.
Political instability, civil insecurity, an intensified war, and localized conflicts have plunged the country into a serious humanitarian crisis, and put into further jeopardy an already precarious humanitarian situation of Yemen. Through the Emergency Response for IDPs, Returnees and Conflict Affected Communities in Yemen program, Mercy Corps has been providing effective and timely life-saving and livelihood-restoring assistance to the most vulnerable populations in Yemen since 2015. The program is now on its Year 3 continuously providing a comprehensive response, which includes WASH, livelihood restoration, Nutrition and health focusing on cholera .
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Officer will implement quality assurance and monitoring activities to ensure quality and impact that meet the requirements of the context (where needed remote/third party monitoring) and facilitates evaluation. She /He will be responsible also to collect, analyze and report relevant data in order for the team to measure program impact and ensure compliance with the MC Minimum Standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Technical Support of Monitoring & Evaluation
- Provide support to the Senior MEL Officers in the development of M&E plans and tools
- Assist Senior MEL Officers in building the capacity of all relevant team members to develop and maintain an excellent M&E system
- Ensure programs use the necessary M&E systems and tools, to inform and improve each individual program, as well as feed into the broader nation-wide M&E system.
- Support collecting of and reporting on relevant indicators to the organizational-wide M&E system
Management of Data and Information Systems
- Supervise the entering of monitoring data into computer-based data collection system according to the MEL plan
- Implement the Monitoring and Evaluation Plans and ensure systems are fully functioning throughout the program duration and adjusted when required by changing program needs
- Support the Senior MEL Officer in data collection processes and design of tools
- Implement data quality assurance processes, including PDMs, assessments, and beneficiary verification in the field
- Ensure accuracy of entered data according to data flow and MEL plan
- Ensure all MEL related data and files are properly organized and stored in compliance with MC Minimum Standards
- Frequent field visits to collect data and implement data quality procedures, according to the MEL plans.
- Maintain proper project documentation and records as per the PM@MC requirements.
Supervision and Management of MEL Staff
- Develop weekly and monthly work plans with the teams. Track the teams’ ability to deliver on the plans and report back to the team each week
- Train and build capacity of MEL staff under his/her supervision
- Supervise MEL Assistants, enumerators, data entry clerks
Data Analysis and Reporting
- Provide timely reports and data summaries to Senior MEL Officers (including filling in data for indicators in their respective locations and programs) of routine data.
- Participate in the dissemination and presentation of data back to programs and communities
- Participate in data review workshops with MEL and program staff
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to the organization and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission
- Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: MEL Assistants
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Senior MEL Officer
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: Program Team, MEL staff, enumerators, data entry clerks, Operations
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- A university degree in relevant field is required.
- At least 2 years’ experience working within an international NGO is preferred.
- Experience and skills in quantitative and qualitative/participatory research methods and analysis.
- Good understanding of monitoring tools
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel.
- Ability to think independently and problem solve.
- Ability to interpret figures.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Honest, hardworking and committed to community development.
- Good oral and written English and Arabic skills
- Experiencing managing/supervising staff
The successful MEL Officer will have an outstanding ability to mobilize community for data collection. S/he should have ability to undertake multiple tasks and be flexible. S/he should have problem solving skills and pay attention to details. The most successful Mercy Corps staff members have a strong commitment to teamwork and accountability, thrive in evolving and changing environments with an appropriate sense of humor and make effective written and verbal communication a priority in all situations
Please note that Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer. As a result, Mercy Corps Yemen recruits staff members based on the qualifications for the position, without regard to tribal affiliation, race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, disability, HIV status, marital status, or any other characteristic that may be protected by law.
Please if you are interesting send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org the deadline is 23 May 2019
Please mention in the email subject the position and location you apply for it.