Engineer Assistant – Based in Taiz
The Engineer Assistant is responsible for assisting the Health PM in carrying out initial needs assessment in the field for program design and implementation with a particular focus on sanitation and hygiene promotion. carry out personal interview at household level, facilitation of focus group discussions, visits to sites and infrastructures, and meeting with key members of community.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: : Health & Nutrition Program Manager.
Staff reporting to this post: N/A
Key Working Relationships: The children of staff who will be eligible to the on-site child care in the organization.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
• Setting up and follow-up of Health activities such as:
o Participation of the water trucking project design
o Technical assessment of Health and nutrition hardware interventions specially the piped network system, institutional WATSAN facilities and all interventions under Health, and Nutrition program intervention.
o preparing drawing/design/BOQ of all Health and nutrition hardware interventions.
o Guide and train community volunteers on water treatment methods.
o Supervision of all Health &Nutrition interventions.
• Ensure community mobilization on all Health sector related issues
• Develop techniques for home water treatment in the target communities
• Ensure that the hygiene promotion activities are made based on the quality standards established by Save the Children through quality checklists
• Participate in the implementation of KAP (Knowledge, Attitude and Practice) and initial and final PDM (Post Distribution Monitoring) for kits distributed)
• Conduct water quality analyzes at household level (residual chlorine, bacteriological), in particular to assess the effectiveness of home water treatment, and report results to line manager.
• Weekly collection and reporting of data necessary for the consolidation of project and strategic standard indicators (number of beneficiaries, number and type of activity performed, results of water analyzes performed ...)
• Monitoring of hygiene promotion activities realized by local partners of Save the Children such as the local NGOs, and participate in building their capacity.
• Weekly (or each time necessary) written and oral report for line manager,
• Work with other team members of save the children (Health and Nutrition) working in the same communities, to ensure the integration and complementarity of the different sectors of the intervention.
To perform any other work related activities as agreed with your line management.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
- Commitment to Save the Children Values
• University degree in Civil Engineering, or Architecture with minimum of 2 years of working experience in Organization sector in a humanitarian or development context.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Have technical background in solar system.
- Previous experience of emergency Health and Nutrition program implementation
- Experience of and commitment to working through systems of community participation and accountability
- Proven ability to work as part of a team
- Demonstrated commitment to improving the lives of children and their families in the community.
- Strong understanding of water, sanitation and hygiene situation in the community
- Proven technical knowledge and skills in the field of water, sanitation and hygiene promotion
- Ability to travel independently, including to rural communities and work long hours.
- Strong English as well as strong Arabic skills, written and spoken
- Good computer skills (MS Office, including Outlook for email). AutoCAD knowledge is an advantage
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Interested candidates should apply through link Bellow
The deadline for receiving applications is 21/05/2019