Ended Community Mobilizer Assistant
Community mobilizer assistant – Based in Taiz
Under supervision of community mobilizer officer, the community mobilizer assistant will be a crucial part of a team responsible and accountable for ensuring the implementation of SCI community based activities related to health, WASH and nutrition program. plan and monitor community health, WASH and nutrition activities with close supervision for community volunteers, lead the team to respond to the need of the community after carful assessment for what is need by the community.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: : Community mobilizer officer.
Staff reporting to this post: CHVs
Key Working Relationships: The children of staff who will be eligible to the on-site child care in the organization.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Collect and compile baseline information on social, economic, and health parameters of the project areas and come up with community based program profile.
• In coordination with supervisors develop clear work plan for community health and nutrition activities, and share it with community volunteers also with official ministry of health office.
• Lead and facilitate the field teams in implementing the work plan in the ground.
• Keep close coordination and liaison with field team, community, and partners and assist them in developing high quality health and nutrition education messages.
• Help the community health volunteers in organizing community meetings, workshops, and campaigns.
• Take lead in resolution and management of the relevant community conflicts over common issues related with the project.
• Regularly monitor field activities, maintain working relationship between team member and community.
• Design and plan for all type of Campaigns and help in conducting assessment and surveys as needed including designing and printing of awareness materials.
• Organize trainings and exposure to improve knowledge and skill of the project communities and volunteers to deliver high quality community based activities.
• To participate in developing Community volunteer guidelines in accordance with Ministry of health policy.
• Document and share lesson learnt, achievements and successes from the field.
• To collect the weekly ,monthly reports from community health volunteers, revise it and give feed back to the field team.
• Develop monthly narrative achievement report compiled with statistic report to the direct supervisor.
• To conduct monthly meeting with community health and nutrition volunteers to discuss all related issues and to put plan for the coming period.
- Working effectively as team member and solve staff problems whenever occur.
- Attend weekly meeting with Health and Nutrition project staff Officer to monitor progress in implementation, exchange information, discuss challenges and plan forward.
- To take any other relevant task given by the supervisor.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
- Commitment to Save the Children Values
• Relevant university degree.
• Two years’ work experience in Social work with focus on community development and mobilization in NGOs
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Experience in CMAM,IYCF, C4D,ICCM,CHVs activities.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, Diplomacy, Capability to create strong relationship between among all teams’ members.
• Strong presentation and computer skills in MS word and excel.
• Strong training facilitation.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Interested candidates should apply through link Bellow
The deadline for receiving applications is 21/05/2019