Ended Environmental Health Officer
Position: Environmental Health Officer
Report to: Environmental Health Manager
Manages: EH assistant
Duty Station: Lahj Governorate
Under the direct supervision of the Environmental Health Manager, the EH Officer Position is a junior level management position (Based in Lahj) that involves planning, management and monitoring the proper implementation of the Emergency WASH Response in targeted areas. The position requires the supervision of, local contractors and labors, construction of activities outsourced to private contractors as well as the proper management of the financial, material and other resources under the program and reporting periodically to supervisors. s/he will work in close coordination with community health team to ensure hygiene promotion activates are integrated with WASH targets.
Detailed responsibilities and tasks:
- Prepare weekly and monthly activity plan in conjunction with the EH manager.
- Coordinate with local authority in his intervention areas
- Conduct detail technical assessment to water supply and sanitation facilities to be rehabilitated or constructed; prepare bills of quantities and specifications, and raise PRS for goods, services or works.
- Develop monitoring tools for contract management in coordination with WASH program manager
- Supervise the rehabilitation or newly construction of the water supply and sanitation facility
- Track and maintain records on construction progress, labor and material utilization, challenges and prepare weekly and monthly progress reports;
- Work with communities and pertinent partners in the rehabilitation or construction of water supply and sanitation facilities
- Coordinate with community health team for delivery of hygiene promotion services
- Establish/activate and facilitate the training of water management committee/group to ensure to proper management of WASH facilities.
- Conduct regular water quality testing as required.
- Performs other task as requested by the EH Manager and EH coordinator.
- Closely work with Health unit to ensure that the mobile clinics and health facilities have regular access to safe water and sanitation facilities.
- Closely follow up and work closely with supply chain unit in timely procurement, selection and inspection of EH goods and services.
- Liaise with Finance Unit in budget preparation and utilization.
Required qualification and experience
- Degree in Civil or Water Resource Engineering or other relater engineering field.
- Minimum of 3 years practical experience in construction or rehabilitation/maintenance of water supply schemes in preferably emergency water supply interventions
- Fluent spoken and written Arabic and working knowledge of English
- Proven supervisory skills. Computer literacy in standard software’s (Word, Excel). Knowledge of engineering software’s (AutoCAD) would be an asset. Proven ability to handle workloads and to work under pressure in remote area.
- Ability to live in a high insecure environment
- Average computer skills: MS Word
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link: https://rescue.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=1&c=rescue&id=4993
Deadline for Applying 30 May 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.