Ended Emergency Response Assistant
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
The purpose of the assistant position is to assist in the day to day implementation of the Emergency project.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Having a good knowledge about the context and to know well the influx of the newly displacement in the target areas and address that to emergency response Coordinator.
- Be responsible for overseeing registration, verification and distribution the RRM 3 UNs Kits and MPCA in assigned districts.
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to a plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Ensure emergency response teams’ compliance with all NRC administrative and operational procedures and policies, as well as donor regulations.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function.
- Provide regular activity progress reports to Emergency Response Coordinator.
- Ensure that Emergency project target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Ensure capacity building of field monitors, casuals and implementing partners' staff.
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders at the field level.
- Ensure that the security plan and procedure is adhered to in all operations, including staff movements, etc.
- Actively participate in monthly planning of Emergency activities and weekly review of achievements and constraints; and provide feedback accordingly.
- Carry out emergency activities in the target locations according to the plan, including RRM 3Uns kits and MPCG distribution.
- Lead the beneficiaries’ selection and verification process as per the selection criteria, update beneficiary database if required. Make sure that beneficiary selection is done appropriately.
- Hold project orientation sessions for beneficiaries following a participatory approach.
- Organize and lead distributions (Registration, verification, data entry, 3UNs kits distribution); make sure all distributions are done timely and effective manner, ensure the safety and protection of beneficiaries.
- Make sure registration/ verification list and distribution list and other project documents are safely kept and archived.
- In charge of the day to day guidance of the casuals, make sure that the project implementation is in line with NRC technical guidelines and donor regulations.
- Provide support in the production and contextualization of training/orientation and communication materials related to emergency response activities.
- Actively participate in needs assessments and identify beneficiaries in need for emergency project.
- Liaise with local authorities, community leaders and other stakeholders (CBOs, NGOs, UN) on emergency response project related issues at the field level.
- Follow up on a daily basis with the support department (finance, logistics, HR and administration) as requested by line manager, this include movement planning, internal request, payments, HR, etc.
- Carry out any other relevant task to the position as request
- University degree (BA- Civil Engineering).
- Proven experience working in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Some knowledge of English.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively to the field.
- College / University, Bachelor's degree
- Knowledge of the context in Hajja.
- Proven experience and knowledge in emergency response and food security (beneficiary targeting, community mobilization and distribution of cash, voucher or in-kind RRM 3Uns Kits).
- Skills related to participatory methods.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and creatively.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Handling insecure environment.
- Planning and delivering results.
- Empowering and building trust.
- Communicating with impact and respect.
- Five Months.
- Travel: More than 150 days travel
Please Interested candidates are kindly requested to visit our website below for More details about post and apply through post application: