Ended Field Coordinator
Title: Field Coordinator
Reports To: PTI Director
Location: Based in Aden
Duration of Contract: Two years
Salary: Competitive salary.
The field coordinator, under the direction of the Director, is responsible for leading and ensuring the smooth implementation of the projects implementation inside Yemen. This individual will identify and foster relations with right holders and stakeholders working on women’s rights.
Core Competencies *
- Analytical Thinking
- Decision Making
- Networking and Relationship Building
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Resource and Fiscal Management
Partnership Support - 30%
- Primary contact for partners, members of the Women Solidarity Network, other women groups and national stakeholders inside Yemen, to work very closely with partners on agreed action plans, this includes providing any support required to partners on on-going and forthcoming activities.
- Facilitating the implementation of Peace Track Initiative activities inside Yemen including the “Towards a comprehensive feminist peace” project, as well as, lead on the facilitation of the consultations with women’s groups on different relevant peace issues.
- Facilitate learning and linkages amongst partners, members of the Women Solidarity Network, and other women groups.
- Lead on specific trainings for partners, Women Solidarity Network members, and other women groups.
- Identify concerns from partners and members of Women Solidarity Network on security, policy shifts and other impediments that may delay activities.
- Feedback concerns to Peace Track Initiative project relevant teams to ensure projects are always responding to dynamic needs. Provide alternative solutions for activities to respond to changing needs.
Budget Support – 10%
- In collaboration with PTI Director and Finance team, ensure that budgets are in line with work plans.
- With support from PTI Director and Finance team, request and collate periodic budget forecasts.
- Flag any issues; under/over spend in timely manner.
- Support budget reviews.
- Support Director and project staff with any budget support as required.
Reporting – 10%
- Produce project progress reports as needed (narrative and financial reports).
- Support with maintaining reporting deadlines and ensure reflection of reporting formats and highlighting key activities and deliverables.
- Contribute to monthly Sitrep, internal reporting.
- Maintain meeting minutes for all organized meetings.
Media and Advocacy Support – 15%
- Support relevant partners with Media & Advocacy needs including by supporting to develop their own advocacy plans, as well as, regularly consult with partners on any relevant feedback and learning from partners to enhance advocacy initiatives.
- Contribute to developing the overall media and advocacy plan for different projects, ensuring all activities are in line with media and advocacy strategies.
- Conduct research, as well as, document and collect stories to contribute to PTI overall evidence-based advocacy.
- Commission advocacy policy papers.
Monitoring, Evaluation Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) Support – 15%
- Support all participatory review and reflection in order improve the quality and effectiveness of all activities.
- Develop MEAL project plans.
- Ensure that partners are in compliance with agreements, workplans and any diversions are reported in a timely manner to the PTI Team.
- Capture learning and document successes.
Project Administrative Support – 20%
- Support PTI in setting up its office in Aden and ensure all legal requirements are addressed.
- Participate in meetings with relevant project stakeholders as requested by Director.
- Conduct administrative and coordination activities to support PTI at national events, including trainings, meetings, workshops, and conferences.
- Prepare payment requests, floats as needed.
- Provide efficient and effective administrative support to the PTI team as required.
- Support in development of ToRs for a wide range of consultants and with the ensuing recruitment of consultants.
- Assist in the preparation of partners’ contracts and amendments.
- University degree in social science, preferably Masters degree.
- 5 years of work experience in non-profit organizations including in project management and coordination roles.
- Knowledge of concepts related to Women, Peace, and Security and Gender Justice is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Arabic.
- Ability to response in timely manner to different request and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as well as demonstrated teamwork and team building skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including effective working skills with MS Word, Excel, and email required
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts
- Some travel may be required inside and outside Yemen.
*Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Send a cover letter and your resume highlighting your skills and competencies that are relevant to this post.
- Deadline: 31st May 2019, accepting on rolling basis.
- Send to: email@example.com
- Kindly mention the job title in the Subject field of your message