Ended Finance Assistant
Position: Finance Assistant
Reports to: Project Manager
Duration: Till March 30, 2020, renewable based on fund availability and performance
ABOUT ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA International serves 142 countries and was present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 1200 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by USAID, OFDA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, UNOCHA, UNHCR, WHO, WFP and DFID. It has presence in 14 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors. ADRA Yemen is undertaking programs in Yemen in the fields of health, child protection, education, women's protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, and livelihoods programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
The Finance Assistant will be responsible but not limited to:
- Supports the monitoring of programme financial performance for all core and non-core resources by providing necessary financial information and analysis, including implementation rate against indicators/results. Detects potential over/ under expenditure problems and proposes remedial action.
- Develops tools and mechanisms for effective and efficient monitoring of programme and project budgets, coordinates compilation of financial data and provides accurate and up-dated financial information on a continuous basis.
- Interprets financial policies and procedures and provides guidance and training to staff and project managers. Strives to identify ways in which programme financial needs can be met within existing policies.
- Assists in the project management budget by budget formulation, controlling allotments, monitoring expenditures, and preparing revisions according to the needs of the Country Office.
- Maintains an effective financial recording and reporting system, internal control and audit follow-up, and processes financial transactions in an accurate and timely way.
- Reviews and monitors charges for common services and cost recovery taking into account maximum cost efficiency
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A university degree or equivalent in finance, business, logistics, management, or other related field.
- Excellent English Skills.
- Excellent MS Office Skills.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles; our key values:
- Integrity and transparency
- Communicating openly, clearly, timely and appropriately.
- Excellence in all activities
- The deadline for receiving applications is Tuesday, May 21, 2019
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by CLICKING HERE
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted
- Submit only one application per position
- Females are encouraged to apply.