Position: Project Officer
Reports to: Project Manager
Duration: Till March 30, 2020, renewable based on fund availability and performance
ABOUT ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA International serves 142 countries and was present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 1200 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by USAID, OFDA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, UNOCHA, UNHCR, WHO, WFP and DFID. It has presence in 14 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors. ADRA Yemen is undertaking programs in Yemen in the fields of health, child protection, education, women's protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, and livelihoods programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
The overall role of the Field Officer is to plan, implement, monitor and evaluate different project activities in close coordination. He/she is also responsible for the registration, training, delivering inputs to beneficiaries, in addition, to ensuring that project deliverables are timely and of good quality.
Field Officer will perform in the field to promote community participation in different project activities.
The Project Officer will be responsible but not limited to:
- Assist in conducting verification and needs assessments through the collection of primary data of selected schools
- Promote Hygiene Awareness through a simple information and education campaign that will promote messages and activities in the field according to awareness work plan.
- Conduct daily, weekly or required field monitoring visits.
- Monitor the distribution of the Hygiene kits and document the distribution process under the supervision of The project manager.
- Liaise with local community representatives and stakeholders to promote the project mission and activities and overcome any obstacles or issue that may arise in the field.
- Submit weekly reports and activity plans to the Project Manager.
- Submit a monthly report on all projects activities to the Project Manager.
- Knowledge of WASH Sphere standards is a plus
- Familiarity of Chlorine measurement testing
- Experience of working in Hygiene campaigns and working with school students
- Coordinate with related clusters for implementation and data sharing
- Perform any other tasks assigned by his /her supervisors.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A university degree in relevant field is required.
- Three years’ experience in similar field with international NGOs
- Strong Community Mobilization skills
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Ability to effectively represent the organization and its program at field level
- Demonstrated computer skills (Word and Excel).
- Understanding of the social, political and economic context of Yemen
- Excellent oral and written English skills.
- Ability to work independently and problem-solving skills.
- Honest, hardworking and committed to community development
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles; our key values:
- Integrity and transparency
- Communicating openly, clearly, timely and appropriately.
- Excellence in all activities
- The deadline for receiving applications is Tuesday, May 21, 2019
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by CLICKING HERE
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted
- Submit only one application per position
- Females are encouraged to apply.