Ended Data Entry
Position: Data Entry
Reports to: Project Officer
Duration: Till March 30, 2020, renewable based on fund availability and performance
ABOUT ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA International serves 142 countries and was present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 1200 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by USAID, OFDA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, UNOCHA, UNHCR, WHO, WFP and DFID. It has presence in 14 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors. ADRA Yemen is undertaking programs in Yemen in the fields of health, child protection, education, women's protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, and livelihoods programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
Data entry, is a member of staff employed to enter or update data into a computer system database, often from paper documents using a keyboard, optical scanner, or data recorder. Maintains database by entering new and updated customer and account information
The Data Entry will be responsible but not limited to:
- Establishing data bases properly based on the needed information and preparing and sorting documents for data entry.
- Entering data into database software precisely and ensure the accuracy of information and prevent duplication.
- Resolving discrepancies in information and obtaining further information for incomplete documents.
- Creating data backups as part of a contingency plan.
- Responding to information requests and provide basic data analysis and findings on a weekly and monthly basis to authorized staff.
- Compile and sort information according to priorities to prepare source data for computer entry.
- Review, verify data and make corrections where necessary.
- Generate regular reports, store completed work in designated locations.
- Scan documents and print files, when required.
- Maintain logbooks or records of activities and tasks.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to ADRA and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Ensure the respect of the principle of confidentially and not to disclose any information acquire by performing her/his duties.
- Commit to the humanitarian principles of strict neutrality, religious and political impartiality and non-discrimination.
- Perform any other related tasks as required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Completion of secondary school education.
- A post-secondary certificate in Sor related technical field is required.
- English is a must
- Strong experience in related computer software programs
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles; our key values:
- Integrity and transparency
- Communicating openly, clearly, timely and appropriately.
- Excellence in all activities
- The deadline for receiving applications is Tuesday, May 21, 2019
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by CLICKING HERE
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted
- Submit only one application per position
- Females are encouraged to apply.