Area Finance Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
CARE International is currently seeking an Area Finance Officer will undertake and complete all financial tasks and requirements, provide support services to staff and to project. Under the supervision of the Finance Controller, the Area Finance Officer manages all financial matters for program including payment, program and project budgets; managing monthly/ bi-weekly projects financial reports to the Area Manager.
The position: Area Finance Officer
Location: Taiz Office
The area Finance Officer will undertake and complete all financial tasks and requirements, provide support services to staff and to project. Under the supervision of the Finance Controller, the Area Finance Officer manages all financial matters for program including payment, program and project budgets, managing monthly/ bi-weekly projects financial reports to the Area Manager.
Overall responsibility for Financial Management of CARE Yemen’s:
- Ensure a high degree of compliance by partner organizations with CARE’s sub-grant policies and sub-grant contracts so as to contribute to CARE’s overall Programme effectiveness.
- Review and monitor sub office internal systems and procedures on a regular basis to ensure that they are implemented.
- Work with Project/ Programme staff and subgrantee organizations to ensure that policies, systems and procedures are implemented as per CARE and donor regulations, trouble-shooting and providing on-going technical support as required.
- Review payment vouchers and supporting documentation to ensure compliance with CARE’s financial guidelines
- Maintain advance vouchers recorded in pamodzi and ensure the advances are acquitted in a timely manner
- Responsible for sub grant contracts (Work with CARE partners to ensure compliance with CARE’s financial guidelines)
- Perform monthly internal audits of the documents before sending them to CARE Yemen HQ in Sana’a.
- Provide information about cash-on-hand and bank balances for any currency upon request by authorized staff
- Supervise the filing of finance documents.
- Work with the CARE Yemen’s CI security Documentation officer to ensure all the documents as per CI Security documentation have been scanned and submitted to the head office for safe guarding
- Work with external auditor as required
- Coordinate with CARE Finance team during external and internal audits
Support the development of project budgets:
- Provide creative and innovative technical support to the Area Manager, Sector Managers and others on the financial and budgetary aspects of applications, proposals and bids.
- Ensure that all such applications, proposals and bids are cost-efficient and take account of such variables as projected inflation rates (especially for multi-year programs), exchange rates, Sub office costs as determined, full cost-to-company of employment costs,
- Ensure that the Area office costs are well budgeted and monitored on quarterly basis in order to avoid any funding gaps (Staff costs, operational costs etc).
Property management reconciliation:
- Responsible for property management and reconciliation between the register and the CARE Yemen books
- The quarterly Sub office asset register should be reconciled with the finance records to ensure donor assets have been well recorded.
- Good understanding of finance and administration.
- At least 5 years of experience in an INGO or International organization, with a good knowledge of Programme Financial Management.
- Good communication skills in both English and Arabic.
- Able to travel to provinces at short notice.
- Prepared to work extra hours to meet deadlines.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- 5 years of Managerial skills and supervising others.
- Experience in staff management and coaching.
- Experience in filing and safeguarding important documents.
- Previous audit experience.
- Report Writing skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience in training and capacity building.
- Familiar with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Able to work under pressure as part of a busy team.
- Demonstrates a high level of interpersonal skills and patience.
- Comply with all relevant CARE policies and procedures with respect to child protection, workplace environment, employee code of conduct and all other related subjects.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل