Ended Stabilization Senior Officer
Job Title: Stabilization Senior Officer.
Reports To: Stabilization Specialist
Location: Aden, Yemen
Yemen Communities Stronger Together (YCST) is a three-year, multi-million US Dollar, a community-led program funded by USAID and implemented by Global Communities (GC) in seven governorates in Yemen (tentatively in Aden, Lahj, Abyan, Taiz, Sana’a, Ibb, and Dhamar). The purpose of YCST is to support local-level initiatives that mitigate conflict, strengthen social cohesion and promote the peaceful resolution of differences. To reach its goal, YCST will engage communities in an inclusive approach through Participatory Action for Community Enhancement (PACE) Mode to identify and implement service delivery and conflict mitigation projects, build the capacity of formal and informal local leaders, organizations, and networks to serve as neutral arbitrators and peace builders that can meet community and constituent needs that will serve to reduce localized conflicts, and provide stability. The program will also carry out regular and action-oriented learning and contextual analysis across all interventions to support adaptive management and enhanced outcomes.
Stabilization Senior Officer Responsibilities:
- Maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules, work hours,
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Undertaking project tasks as required.
- Build and maintain a working knowledge of current requirements in conjunction with the stabilization specialist.
- Provide advice and support to Stabilization officers in the development, implementation and management of specific stabilization programmers and projects.
- Identify and address problems relating to implementation as they arise, including issues related to the programmatic capacities of Project.
- Provide programmatic advice and Works closely with the Stabilization officers in the field and helps to identify and resolve problems as they arise.
- Support Stabilization Specialist in the management and organization of coordination meetings, and in particular the Local Technical Committee.
- Help coordinate, organize and participate in assessments and field missions related to stability projects implementation in respective region, including with national partners, local and regional authorities as well as other interested parties.
- Coordinate with finance, logistic and Engineers to implement the project and to facilitate the process of the project.
- Track progress on project implementation in respective regions and facilitates the delivery of high-quality results as per stated objectives and outcomes;
- Chair and facilitate meetings where appropriate and distribute minutes to all project team members.
- Work on the implementation of the project in an effective manner and achieve the objectives of the project.
- Support development of project/activity materials, training modules, etc.
- Support development of and ensure adherence to the workplan
- Ensure projects/activities are implemented on time, on budget and within the predetermined scope and quality.
- Focuses on impact and result for the project.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Advanced university degree (Bachelor and above) in Political Science, International Affairs, Peace and Conflict Resolution, international relations, development studies, or related field;
- Fluent in English & Arabic.
- 3-5 years’ experience in conflict resolution, post-conflict recovery, security analysis and/or development program management;
- Preference for candidates with field experience in conflict/past conflict contexts;
- Work experience in post-conflict settings.
- Experience in Measure and conduct impact assessments of network trainings.
- Experience in in organizing networks events and Participations such as workshops, meetings, FGD, exchange programs, etc;
- Experience in Liaising with government authorities, and local communities.
Normal office environment, however, due to the nature of activities and areas where we operate, you might have to work below normal/difficult working/travel to the governorates /accommodation conditions. Able to work on a computer and operate a keyboard, for extended periods of time. Able to work out of office location, at times at odd hours.
From June 2019 until August 15, 2021.
The application should consist of a one-page cover letter and detailed resume or CV. The cover letter should include the applicant’s earliest date of availability to begin work with the program. Resume or CV should include the applicant’s detailed work and educational history.
Applications should be submitted to https://podio.com/webforms/21631009/1506207
The position is open until it is filled.