Ended Area Logistics Officer
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 8 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Hodeidah, Raymah, Ibb, Ad-Dhalee, Saadah and Al Jawf.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Position: Area Logistics Officer
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Contract Duration: 6 months
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the safe delivery, storage and exit of all stock (programme and non-programme) in ACTED premises on the base, including maintaining up-to-date, accurate inventories, conducting monthly stock-checks, and supervising all unloading and re-loading.
- Ensure proper management of all Warehouses and Stock-Rooms, including proper pest-control and maintenance, to prevent damage to stock.
- Ensure full compliance with ACTED stock management procedures; including the timely and accurate filing (in soft and hard copy) of all Stock/Bin Cards, Stock Delivery Reports, Quality Checklists, Reception Vouchers, as well as monthly Stock Inventory Report.
- Ensure the safe delivery, storage and exit of all ACTED assets on the base, maintaining up-to-date, accurate inventories and ensuring the proper asset tagging and recording of all new assets, as well as the return of assets from exiting staff members.
- Maintenance: supervise the safety and effective use of all ACTED assets and properties in the office, verify and direct the maintenance and repairs of assets and properties in timely manner;
- Assess the need for additional equipment / premise, in coordination with AC/DAC, prepare procurement requests to meet these needs.
- Submit all equipment / premise requests with appropriate format to AC/DAC (Premise Request or Order Form)
- Ensure full compliance with ACTED stock management procedures; including the timely and accurate filing (in soft and hard copy) of Asset Cards and Maintenance / Repair Cards, as well as timely and accurate submission of Monthly Equipment Follow Up.
- Ensure that assets file is updated with all necessary documents (vouchers, technical manuals, repair and maintenance documents)
Delivery / Transport Management
- Lead in ensuring that all delivery and transportation on the base is implemented in full compliance with all ACTED guidance and SOPs.
- Manage and oversee Service Contracts with suppliers of rented trucking providers and ensure arrangements are made in a timely manner for the delivery of programme supplies to field locations / distribution sites, following receipt of a Stock-Out form.
- Manage the delivery, including stock-checks and reception of ACTED stock and supplies to warehouses and office
- Assist the Fleet Assistant in ensuring timely planning of weekly, monthly and annual fleet needs, and efficient, compliant fleet management, including oversight of fuel and vehicle orders (ad hoc and FWA). Ensure all drivers (staff and rental car) are fully compliant with ACTED safety and security rules.
Fleet and Fuel Management
- Oversee fuel and fleet management in full compliance with all fleet management procedures (Monthly transport / Fuel Consumption report);
- Oversee the timely, compliant planning and management of all fleet and fuel running costs, including fuel for vehicles and generators, as well as vehicle maintenance and repairs.
- Oversee and ensure that all documentation and reports (such as insurance, log books, fuel consumption follow up) are filled in timely and accurate manner, and are archived securely in soft and hard copy.
Telecommunication and Information Technology Management
- Manage and secure effective use of the telecommunication and IT system on the base, including compiling and preparing phone and 3G credit requests for all staff, and ensuring timely payment of internet service providers. Follow up on any connectivity issues to resolve immediately.
- Ensure full compliance with all relevant Communication and IT procedures
Safety & Security Management
- Work closely with AC and Safety & Security Officer to ensure immediate reporting of any safety incidents affecting ACTED staff, assets or premises.
- Ensure full compliance with all ACTED safety and security guidance and procedures, particularly regarding the safety and security of ACTED premises, including assisting with safety upgrades to ACTED facilities, and ensuring working safety equipment (first aid kits and fire extinguishers) are in all premises and vehicles.
Procedures and Reporting
- Complete and submit all ACTED Follow-Up and Reporting templates in a timely, accurate manner, and comply with all additional reporting requirements from AC/DAC;
- Compile and present/submit weekly and monthly department reports and weekly logs workplans
- Report and clarify any work-related issues and challenges to supervisor in timely manner;
- Create and follow-up on weekly workplans for junior Logistics staff, ensuring that all team members complete all delegated tasks to a satisfactory level.
- Participate in weekly team meetings, including Weekly Logistics Meeting and Weekly Base Meeting
Undertake any other tasks as reasonably assigned by the Area Coordinator / Deputy Area Coordinator.
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or relevant field
- At least 2 years of relevant experience working in logistics, stock or supply-chain management, or a similar field;
- Previous experience in International non-governmental organization;
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure;
- Ability to work well in unstable and frequently changing security environments;
- Willingness to work and live in often remote areas under basic conditions;
- Very good spoken and written English & Arabic;
- Trustworthy and able to work efficiently in a team, as well as independently, ability for time management and achieving deadlines.
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: Aldhalee Logistics Officer and rename your CV as First/Last name + Aldhalee Logistics Officer.
- The closing date for applications is on Thursday, 13th of June 2019.
- Candidates from Aldhalee are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Due to the urgency of this appointment, interviews would be on a rolling basis and candidates may be identified before the closing date
Contacting any ACTED staff member other than the contact details listed in regard to this job will result in disqualification