Ended Liaison Assistant
TITLE: Liaison Assistant
Mokha - YEMEN
Handicap International is an independent and impartial international aid organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights.
Handicap International is a not-for-profit organisation with no religious or political affiliation. It operates as a federation made up of a network of associations that provide it with human and financial resources, manage its projects and implement its actions and social mission. For more details on the association: http://www.handicap-international.fr/en/s/index.html
GLOBAL OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
The Liaison Assistant, under the line management of the Security and Liaison (S&L) Manager will support the Security and Liaison manager to ensure positive working relationships with relevant stakeholders. The Liaison assistant with the support of the S&L manager, will ensure the timely, and accurate preparation and submission of documentation. The Liaison assistant will ensure timely follow up with relevant stakeholders to enable the successful establishment of activities. In close coordination with the S&L manager, the Liaison assistant may also be requested to track movements of staff.
Line manager: Security and Liaison Manager
Line Manager +1: Field coordinator
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS DESCRIPTION
- In close coordination with the S&L manager, prepare relevant documentation from sub-agreements, travel, work permits, etc. with attention to detail and accuracy for submission to key stakeholders at district level
- Provide regular and timely information that informs the S&L manager/Field Coordinator of the change in regulations regarding the submission of documents or change in process
- As required, liaise with the Liaison assistant in Aden to ensure coordination between Aden and Mokha
- As requested by the S&L manager or field coordinator, liaise with different government departments and other key stakeholders
- Assist in the processing of administrative issues and ensure a good filing system for all files and documents both hard and soft copy
- Support S&L manager as requested in tracking movements of staff in and around the West Coast
- Carry out any other tasks as reasonably assigned by supervisor.
Note that this job description is subject to change, to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager.
- The salary will be defined according to HI’s existing salary scale
- Based in Mokha with frequent movements to the field
- 30 day leave/year + benefits (transport allowance, health insurance, life insurance)
- The working hours are the following: 8:00 to 16:30 (with 30 minutes lunch break) from Sunday to Thursday.
- Note that working time can go up to 48 hours per week (according to the Yemen labor law) if it is required by the volume of activities and by the line manager.
Any breach of the above-mentioned responsibilities, of the Internal Regulation or of Terms and Conditions of Engagement may be sanctioned by a written warning or immediate dismissal if appropriate.
- Interested candidates may please send their CV and Cover Letter in English, with the reference in the email subject: YEME/HR/2019/PROG/Liaison Ass/SUB-BASE WEST COAST + Applicant full name
Deadline for applications is 11:30 pm on Saturday, June 15th, 2019.
- Please include at least three references (stating the names of your Line Managers and an HR member for each reference – from INGOs), copies of ONLY Experience Certificates, and a copy of your national ID in your application.
- Please address all applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Handicap International, is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.