Ended Office Manager
Office Manager – NGO
Title: Office Manager
Reports To: Executive Director
Location: Aden, Yemen
Duration of Contract: 1 year
Salary: Based on experience
The office manager under the direction of the Executive Director, is responsible for leading and ensuring the smooth implementation of the HQ office and humanitarian and sustainable development activities inside Yemen.
- Knowledge on aspects related to the humanitarian field and the United Nations, OCHA, WHO, UNHCR among other organizations
- Knowledge on proposal and grant writing
- Knowledge on the various clusters
- Knowledge on proper management
- Supervise the overall departments and office work-flow.
- Verify accuracy of weekly attendance sheets for purposes of payroll.
- Create and submit forms/documents requested by local authorities and ministries, including the Government of Yemen.
- Develop strategies and mechanisms for transparent communication between all departments.
- Engage with UN relevant mechanisms working on sustainable development and humanitarian projects.
- Attend cluster meetings and other official meetings in Aden (and nearby provinces).
- Create project proposals when needed and requested.
- Conduct trainings when needed for staff.
- Prepare weekly reports to the Executive Director on progress of the office and each respective department.
- Support staff in coordinating with local authorities and others for purposes of activities
- Other tasks when requested and assigned.
- University degree in business administration, social sciences, development and public administration or any other related degree; preferably a Master’s degree.
- 3 years of work experience in non-profit organizations including as directors or managers.
- Knowledge of concepts related to sustainability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Arabic.
- Ability to respond in timely manner to different requests and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as well as demonstrated teamwork and team building skills through effective leadership.
- Excellent computer skills, including effective working skills with MS Word, Excel, and email required
- High degree of multi-tasking, flexibility, and adaptability
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and creativity.
- Some travel may be required inside Yemen.
- Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title in the subject of the email.
Deadline: June 13th, 2019; accepting on rolling basis
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews by end of June in Aden, Yemen