Women Well Being Roving Officer (WPE Roving Officer)
Job Title: Women Well Being Roving Officer (WPE Roving Officer)
Band/ Level / Grade: 8 B
Location: Based in Sana’a, Covering Hajja and Rayma Governorates.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Scope of Work:
Under the supervision of the Roving WPE Senior Officer, the WWB Officer will be responsible for overseeing the implementation, and quality of the WWB interventions through RISE consortium members.
- Contribute in the establishment of the Women and girls wellbeing spaces and/or assist with locating safe areas to conduct psychosocial support (PSS) in communities reached by the consortium members.
- Support the consortium members in service provision and provide on job training and technical support when needed.
- Ensure that WWB standards are adhered to, and when appropriate, provide direct WWB PSS.
- Monitor and support daily and weekly outreach plan based on case trends and need of women and girls.
- Ensure all program activities and services are fully documented using agreed monitoring tools for systematic and timely data collection on activities; submit weekly report and tracker on activities led, success stories, lessons learned, etc.
- Submit Monthly reports of the activities implemented by consortium members.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with other service providers and relevant stakeholders including community members and other implementing partners.
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned by Supervisor.
Requirements (Qualifications, Skills and Abilities)
- Bachelor Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology or other relevant training
- Good working knowledge of English language.
- Preferred minimum two years professional experience in implementing women and girls related programming.
- Excellent knowledge of the working environment
- Personal qualities: Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible, able to handle pressure well, and strong communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft word and excel.
Based in Sana’a with travel 80% in project locations.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
How to Apply
1- Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at:
2- For cornerstone application guide find the link: Cornerstone Application Guide
3- CV, Copies of the academic and work certificates should be submitted in the system.
Deadline for Applying: November 29, 2023.The system will stop receiving CVs at 12:00 A.M, November 29, 2023.Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Jobs you may be interested in
Posted 1 week ago
Deadline: 29 Nov. 2023