Emergency Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Emergency Officer_NO2_Marib, Temporary Appointment.
This is a Generic Vacancy Announcement for the post of Emergency Officer at NO2 level for different offices in Unicef Yemen. The candidates who meet the requirement and shortlisted, will be contacted to go through the recruitment process. The ones who pass all recruitment stages and proved successful will be placed in the talent pool. In case of a need, the office can contact them either for a fixed term or temporary appointment. (In your cover letter, please indicate your preferred duty station).
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone and we never give up.
For every child, Advocate
In the 1970s UNICEF established presence in Yemen to respond to the urgent needs of children in the poorest country in the Middle East. In 1991, Yemen ratified the Convention on the Rights of the Child and it was enacted immediately. Since then the country has been making steady progress for children until it plunged into a brutal conflict in 2015 but even before that, Yemen needed large amounts of humanitarian assistance.
In collaboration with local authorities, non-governmental organizations and community partners, UNICEF is working in all the governorates in Yemen to respond to the needs of children throughout the country with a continuum of services to help children survive and grow to their full potential through the following programmes: Health, Nutrition, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Basic Education, and Child protection.
For more on our work in Yemen, please visit our website: https://www.unicef.org/yemen/
How can you make a difference?
Under the supervision of the Emergency Specialist, P3, the incumbent will implement emergency preparedness and response, will be responsible for the technical contribution to the development, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the emergency interventions to advance the survival and well-being of children and mothers and affected communities in an emergency situation.
1. Timely and thorough analysis is made to identify emergency-prone situations and contribute to early warning and enhancing emergency preparedness.
2. Emergency preparedness and response plans addresses gender issues that may be expected to intensify during emergencies.
3. Substantive professional contributions are made to the formulation of emergency plans of action, contingency plans, and monitoring of compliance with plans of action.
4. Effective analysis of available data regarding the evolving emergency situation and its implications to the operation are timely provided. Supports constant flow of information and communication crucial for the planning and implementation of emergencies responses.
5. Staff training in emergencies preparedness and response is effectively supported to enhance the emergency preparedness and response capability of the office.
6. In the event of an emergency, prompt support is provided to execute the initial operational tasks by collecting accurate information on the nature and scope of the emergency, ensuring effective telecommunications facility and staff security assistance, and promptly reporting the status as required.
7. Professional support is provided to establish facts and needs, coordinate a rapid assessment, and determine priorities and an appropriate intervention by UNICEF.
8. Timely delivery of assistance and supplies is maintained, urgent staffing requirements are identified, and the appropriate and effective use of UNICEF resources is monitored for effective project delivery.
9. Substantive input and assistance are provided in the implementation of emergency plans of action, workplans, emergency appeals, and in the mobilization of donor response and recovery/rehabilitation-related funding.
10. Lessons learnt from UNICEF's emergency operations experience are collected and analyzed for adoption of the best practices and standards for longer-term emergency interventions. Longer-term requirements of the emergency operation/interventions are effectively identified.
11. Ensures that disaster prevention, mitigation, preparedness and response strategies are mainstreamed in the country office's workplans. Sectoral input is provided for all related documents of the office’s Emergency Preparedness and Response, as well as for the Situation Analysis and the Country Programme Document.
To view the full profile of this post, press Ctrl and double-click the following link:
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Two years of relevant professional work experience at the national and/or international levels in Programme/project development, planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation or administration.
- Field work experience. Training/experience in emergency response management highly desirable.
- Fluency in English and Arabic
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust and Accountability and core competencies Builds & Maintains Partnership; Demonstrates Self-Awareness & Ethical Awareness; Drive to Achieve Results for Impact; Innovates and Embraces Change; Manages Ambiguity and Complexity; Thinks and Acts Strategically and Works Collaboratively with Others.
To View our competency framework, click here.
The functional competencies required for this post are:
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1)
- Works Collaboratively with others (1)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (1)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (1)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (1)
- Drive to achieve impactful results (1)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (1)
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل