Facilities and Maintenance Assistant This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Facilities and Maintenance Assistant
Band/ Level / Grade:
Yemen | Aden
Overtime Eligible: (per local law)
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and in 22 US cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC Yemen Country program has been established in 2012, and currently is implementing integrated Health, Nutrition, Environmental Health (WASH), Economic Recovery and Development, Women Protection and Empowerment and Education programming in eight governorates. The IRC Yemen Country Program operates with its Country Office in Sana’a and its main Field Office in Aden. Other subfield offices include Abyan, Hodeida and Al Dhale, with the Al Dhale office covering Lahaj, and the Abyan office covering activities in Shabwa.
The Facilities and Maintenance Assistant assists the Supply Chain officer Facilities and SC Manager in identifying, setting up and maintaining structure and household equipment at Aden main office, warehouse, Guest houses and other relevant facilities as assigned. He/she also maintains up-to-date tracking sheet for repairs and maintenance.
- Assist Supply Chain procurement staff in setting up new office, Guest houses or warehouse space, including suggesting improvements and drafting simple BOQs.
- Conduct routine rounds at the offices, and warehouse ensuring building structure, fittings, plumbing and taps, wiring and electrical sockets, lighting, doors and windows, tiling, carpentry, painting etc. are regularly maintained and constitute safe working environment for IRC staff.
- Conduct routine visits to guest houses ensuring building structure, fittings, plumbing and taps, wiring and electrical sockets, lighting, doors and windows, tiling etc. are regularly maintained and constitute safe living environment for IRC international staff.
- Conduct routine inspection of household equipment including air conditioners, UPS, batteries, fire extinguisher, fans, Electrical DBs with RCD, microwaves, kettles, water dispensers, fridges, washing machines and similar to ensure they are in working condition. Have them repaired promptly in case of malfunction.
- Ensure fire alarm and other protection systems are in perfect working order.
- Carry out repair works him/herself (in his area of expertise) and any small repairs. Oversee any installation and/or repair works and other maintenance services performed by external parties in all IRC facilities in Aden.
- Work with the Field Coordinator to determine office spaces and inventory required for staff needs and to implement the outcomes of any such discussions.
- Initiate procurement and distribution of household equipment, cleaning and kitchen supplies and materials for facilities (including drinking water and gas canisters) and follow up with Supply Chain teams as required.
- Keep track of and ensure timely payment for office, warehouse, and guesthouse utilities (water, electricity, and internet).
- Monitor housekeepers/cleaners, regularly check on the quality of work performed, and keep track of their attendance.
- Manage all door keys for facilities in Aden.
- Support in the follow up and maintenance of generators both in Aden and other field offices for general maintenance, design and organizing facilities if requested so by the supervisor.
- Build and maintain effective relationships, with his/her team, colleagues and external partners and supporters.
- Keep all documents related to installation /equipment/infrastructure in order and update them regularly.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Supply Chain Officer - facilities
Position directly supervises: N/A
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Supply Chain, Administration and Finance staff, international staff.
External: Vendors and service providers
Education: Technical education diploma /or equivalent in relevant field
Technical Skills & Experience:
- Ability to perform repairs himself (e.g. plumbing or wiring tasks).
- Ability to work with power tools and hand tools
- Experience in logistics, procurement, or related field.
- Strong ability to prioritize work under pressure, maintain attention to detail, and coordinate multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Theoretical and preferably practical understanding of basics of electricity
- INGO experience preferred
Soft Skills and Competencies:
- Customer & client centered and service oriented mind & attitude, and ability to work independently under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility. Energetic, with great networking and communication skills.
- Detail-orientation and professional patience.
- Sense of professional discretion, integrity, and ability to manage situations diplomatically and to effective resolution.
Language Skills: Good English and fluent Arabic to communicate clearly and effectively.
Computer Skill: MS Office – MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook,
Certificates or Licenses: Relevant certificates
Working Environment: Based in Aden office, required to travel to field offices, if required
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل