IHL Adviser for Armed and Security Forces This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and armed violence. Please visit www.icrc.org for more information.
The ICRC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of:
IHL Adviser for Armed and Security Forces
Contract type: Open Ended.
Duty Station: ADEN
Purpose :The Armed Forces and Security Programme Adviser assists in implementing the programme related to International Humanitarian Law training, including planning, carrying out, assessing and following up the activities. S/he maintains contact with authorities, mainly military or security bodies but not only, at various levels, and participates in meetings with different contacts, in a leading or supporting role.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Contributes to the Mission’s better understanding of its environment (political, security and humanitarian situation) through timely identification of trends, risks and threats and a pro-active feedback to the hierarchy.
- Supports in drafting of the program’s strategy and integrating it in the annual planning exercise (Planning for Results).
- Prepares, conducts, assesses and follows up all programmatic activities with the military or police forces on international humanitarian law (IHL), international human rights law (IHRL) and ICRC activities; this includes organizing and preparing dissemination sessions, materials and reporting.
- Maintains and updates the stock of different ICRC publications needed for the activities with the Armed and Security Forces.
- Contributes to developing and consolidating the ICRC's network of contacts.
- Internally, interacts with the Head of Mission and all the relevant ICRC departments such as protection, communication and prevention teams.
- Externally, interacts with armed and/or security forces
- Military/police background
- War College graduate an asset.
- Legal studies an asset.
- University degree or professional diploma in IHL.
- Fluent in English.
- Computer proficiency.
Professional Experience Required
- 3–5 years' experience in planning military or police operations and/or legal (IHL/IHRL) or multinational operations or civil-military cooperation.
- Good knowledge of the geographically assigned environment a must.
- Team work & Collaboration
- Representing the ICRC
- Beneficiary & Client-focused
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل