Position: Lawyer (1)
Job Location: Al Hudaydah Governorate - Khokha District
Report to: Legal officer - Activity coordinator
FMF is a non-profit and non-governmental organization aiming to provide health, nutrition, food security and protection services as a humanitarian response to the escalating socio-economic situation in Yemen since 2012.
FMF will implement a UNHCR funded project entitled: ‘Provision of life-saving protection services to IDPs and conflict affected PoCs in Yemen’ to respond and address the protection needs of IDPs, Returnees and conflict-affected community in South of Al-Hudaydah, Al-Dhale'e, Shabwah, Abyan, Wadi Hadrmout and Marib .
The Lawyer is in charge of all the activities implementation related to legal component of the project for addressing legal issues for IDPs, Returnees, and Host community. The Lawyer will provide individual legal assistance to PoC, including civil documentation extraction, legal consultation, mediation and representation; the lawyer will also undertake legal awareness and information sessions.
Position description/ key responsibilities:
- Ensure to provide legal support to the targeted population through accessing to documentation, legal counselling, legal mediation/representation, and providing legal information sessions.
- Ensure to assist people of concern in need of civil documentation with the information and administrative work needed for issuing IDs.
- Work closely with IDPs, to identify particularly vulnerable legal individuals in order to develop plans and means to assist them.
- Fill timely and quality ID application forms for submission to the Civil Registration Authority. Upon issuance of IDs, maintain to check and distribute IDs to beneficiaries in the areas of intervention.
- Regularly liaise and coordinate with Civil Registration Authority, including meetings attendance when needed, for smooth implementation of IDs extraction.
- Prepare work plans for raising the awareness activities on legal issues/topics.
- In collaboration relevant project Officers and Assistants, prepare work plans to provide training and capacity building about protection issues, rights of IDPs and community-based approaches to field teams and CBOVs.
- Assure to assist the field teams in the identification of people in need of civil documentation and engage with protection monitoring teams to conduct protection monitoring of human rights violations.
- Assess the legal protection needs and concerns of the targeted population, with particular attention to especially vulnerable persons, and report findings/trends to the Legal Officer.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- A university degree in Law Human Rights, International Law or related field.
- 2 years of experience working with international NGOs, particularly in the protection sector.
- Experience in supervising staff in challenging situations, carrying out awareness raising sessions, protection monitoring, analyzing information provided and drafting reports.
- Ability to monitor and analyze legal data and generate relevant and accurate reports.
- Native Arabic and strong English skills are essential.
- Strong knowledge and skills of computer.
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of FMF.
- Respect confidentiality of data and information
- Attention to details and ability to communicate professionally and effectively - practical and problem-solver.
- Able to ensure quality delivery in stressful environment and to adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by (Clicking Here)
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل