Social Worker (3) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Position: Social Worker (3)
- Hadhramout - Alaber (1)
- Aldhalea (1)
- Abyan- Lawder (1).
Report to: Case Management Supervisor
FMF is a non-profit and non-governmental organization aiming to provide health, nutrition, food security and protection services as a humanitarian response to the escalating socio-economic situation in Yemen since 2012.
FMF will implement a UNHCR funded project entitled: ‘Provision of life-saving protection services to IDPs and conflict affected PoCs in Yemen’ to respond and address the protection needs of IDPs, Returnees and conflict-affected community in South of Al-Hudaydah, Al-Dhale'e, Abyan , Shabowa , Wadi Hadrmourt and Marib.
The Social Worker is responsible for the provision of direct case management services for individual with PwSN, CP, and GBV vulnerabilities, and will oversee and manage the implementation of individual and group psychological support sessions. The Social Worker will work as a part of a team protection team dedicated to the field-based projects that seek to prevent, monitor and respond to issues that affect the safety, dignity and participation of displacement-affected women, men, girls and boys in Yemen. The incumbent will be responsible of carrying out PSS/PFA activities and guarantee timely internal and external referrals to relevant services and follow-up of cases.
Position description/ key responsibilities:
- Detect, counsel and follow up individual cases identified during assessments or referred internally or by other agencies, and assess their needs for necessary and appropriate referrals to assistance.
- Conduct assessment of vulnerable cases, including environmental, emotional, behavioral, and social factors as well as resources and strengths that impact the individual well- being.
- Refer cases internally for legal assistance, cash assistance in accordance with established selection criteria.
- Supervise the activities related to individual case management for persons of concern in locations of intervention, in accordance with Case Management Supervisor guidelines and with relevant tools and procedures.
- Ensure that data protection protocol is respected and ensure to keep complete and well-organized records.
- Oversee the implementation of group PSS sessions, ensuring identification of vulnerable PoCs in need of additional support.
- Coordinate with Case Management Supervisor to maintain an updated service mapping and promote strong referral pathways and appropriate follow-up.
- Support the development of information awareness sessions, individual and collective PSS and recreational activities.
- Monitor and supervise the process of identification and assessment of CP, PwSN cases and GBV survivors by social worker, and support and manage social worker in their daily PSS/PFA activities.
- Refer back to Case Management Supervisor and Activity Coordinator for regular mentoring and coaching based on identified needs and gaps.
- Contribute to develop, implement and maintain an internal and external referral system in close collaboration with Case Management Supervisor and Activity Coordinator (tools, procedures, training of the field teams, follow up mechanisms, etc.).
- Respond to the external referred cases from other humanitarian organization and ensure the cases are well assessed, referred and followed up, and ensure feedback to external organizations that refers cases to FMF.
- Closely coordinate with Senior PSS Officer to ensure quality Case Management assistance through monitoring case management activities, and regularly support in updating Service Mapping to timely undertake internal and external referral mechanisms, including links with Service Providers and other stakeholders in the area.
- Supervise internal and external referrals according to established referral pathways, and work closely with the other organizations in order to ensure smooth referral and monitoring of required follow-up actions.
- Provide a weekly report to Case Management Supervisor of the referral cases managed during the week.
- Ensure smooth communication and coordination with local authorities and community leaders and other humanitarian actors on the ground.
- Timely flag out any challenges or constraints during field activities implementation to Case Management Supervisor and Activity Coordinator and provide suitable solutions and mitigating measures proposed or to be implemented.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- A university degree in in social sciences or any other relevant subject or any related field.
- 2 years of experience working with I/NGOs, particularly in Case Management.
- Strong experience working in protection in a humanitarian/recovery, complex and volatile contexts.
- Knowledge of access to services and referrals mechanisms.
- Demonstrated familiarity with case management principles, standards and procedures.
- Demonstrable experience in establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with different sectoral Service Providers and referral pathways.
- Strong experience with monitoring tools and systems relevant to case management.
- Experience in mainstreaming protection concepts within a humanitarian operation.
- Strong organization, collaboration, representation and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of the area of responsibility and understanding of local communities and customary rules.
- Excellent observation, analytical and report writing skills.
- Native Arabic and strong English skills are essential.
- Strong knowledge and skills of computer and prior experience working with smart data collection tools such as KOBO.
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of FMF.
- Be available for regular trainings provided by FMF and support in identifying staff training needs.
- Respect confidentiality of data and information.
- Attention to details and ability to communicate professionally and effectively - practical and problem-solver.
- Able to ensure quality delivery in stressful environment, punctuality and respect for rules and procedures, and to adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل