Logistics Supervisor (Re-advertised)
For our program in Yemen, we are looking for (Logistics Supervisor), based in (Aden), to start as soon as possible.
Médecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care.
Job Reference Number:
Logistics Supervisor (Re-advertised)
Duration of contract:
Under the supervision of the Field Coordinator, the Logistic Supervisor will be responsible for the following main activities in accordance with national and MdM procedures:
- Management of the logistics team in Aden
- Management of the premises/ Fleet Management/ Stock and Asset management
- Ensures the respect of logistics procedures
- Provide logistics guidance, advice, and support to all programs and field sites for activities for the North part of the country.
- Manage all stocks as well as ensure reception and proper storage, monitor consumption/distribution and follow up on the expiry of any perishable item in stock.
- Ensure that monthly updates of the inventory of all stocks are prepared and sent to the Logistic Coordinator on monthly basis.
- Make sure that all MDM staff are aware on all the stocks in the South activities.
- Propose improvements of the logistics procedures and policies when relevant.
- Support the Logistics Officer in the organization of the movements of the staff through update movement board on weekly and monthly bases and ensuring the suitable flexibilities to facilitate the movements.
- Make sure that the Logistics Officer directs the drivers to follow the entire movements plan.
- Contribute in the recruitment of logistics staff by being committee member of the selection process.
- Monitor the respect of the rules governing the use of vehicles and organize vehicle maintenance and follow-up.
- Support the Logistics Officer in the supervision and management of the pool of vehicles: maintenance, daily planning, price fluctuations, administration (rental, insurance, and documents).
- Monitor the vehicles rental contracts and report on monthly basis on the dates of contracts.
- Calculate the consumption of all vehicles and report it on monthly basis.
- Follow up the fuel payment to the Fuel station monthly at the end of each month.
- Make sure that all MDM vehicles are equipped with functional needed safety equipment’s such as first aid kits fire extinguishers and other equipment’s.
- Monitor and follow the generator fleet (Base and HF) for fuel consumption, maintenance.
- Monitor the respect of the rules governing the use of generators.
Equipment and premises
- Ensure each MDM asset has identification number in accordance with MDM procedures.
- Ensure the maintenance and the safety of all MDM equipment’s and properties (Offices, Guesthouses, vehicles, computers, printers, communication tools etc.) in the respect of MdM procedures
- Upkeep the records of MDM equipment and identification material entrusted to each person in the team.
- Contract Maintenance suppliers for needed equipment such as IT or A/C equipment insuring the proper use of the service and the equipment.
- File and conserve documents of the logistic department (guidelines, purchase files, donation certificates, contracts with suppliers, manuals of instructions of MDM equipment, reports etc).
- Make sure that all use, maintenance and follow-up of MdM equipment and properties is in adequation with the national law.
Support to the field activities
- In collaboration with the logistics team at coordination level, ensure proper reception and storage of any medical and non-medical supplies purchased and obtain proper consumption follow up.
- Contribute in contracting consultant services in logistics related tasks in link with the program activities.
- Support the logistic components of all program activities
- In collaboration with the Logistics Coordinator, organize training session, workshops Evaluation, training and follow-up of all HF of the South and Log team on the base for WASH, Construction and Biomed topics.
- Field visit once per month at minimum for Log support to base and HF for evaluation, training and follow-up.
Team management and technical support
- Manage the Logistics team in Aden office and support them in his daily activities.
- Support the Logistics Officer in the supervision of the drivers and guards in the base.
- Plan and provide support to the Logistics Officer to enhance the work of the Logistics Facility Assistant and facility activities
- Plan evaluation of staff and training plan for Log team in Aden-Provide technical support to the logistics team at field level for South activities
- Responsible for updates of all logistics templates and submission/compile the Aden logistics team report and send to Logistics Coordinator.
- The monthly report should include Monthly equipment’s list, Stocks Updates, Vehicles, Generator monthly consumption report, Updated Inventory list, and Driver’s monthly planning. This is done with the support of the Logistics Officer.
I. OTHER TASKS DESCRIPTION
Procurement, Supply and stock
- Analyses the local market and keep an updated database of local suppliers corresponding to MDM needs and eligibility criteria (quality, price, service, and ethics), send the updated supplier list with the monthly report. Initiate the market assessment in Aden and update the suppliers list.
- Plan purchases according to the activities, office and Guesthouse’s needs. Obtain quotations, prepare purchase orders, and negotiate price lists and contracts with suppliers according to the MDM’s procurement procedures of the mission.
- Pay the suppliers against services and all types of supplies making sure all needed justifications are provided in accordance with the financial procedure of the mission.
- Fill the monthly procurement supply on monthly basis and send it to the Logistics Coordinator.
- Prepare price list of the common supplies used regularly and update it every 6 months.
- Prepare tenders and bids for services, equipment’s, construction, rehabilitations and other logistics issues related to the implementation of the project’s activities.
- Ensure that all documents regarding the supply chain are filed according to MDM Pack Log procedure.
- Log operational support to Liaison officer in terms of safety measure.
- To inform immediately security focal point in the case of any security problem
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, or similar field of study.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar position.
- Knowledge of IT knowledge (hardware and software, Microsoft Office, Internet)
- Previous experience with an NGO is mandatory.
- Specific knowledge in Medical Log support (Wash, Construction and Biomed)
- Previous experience in emergency response appreciated
- Organized, sense of human relations, diplomacy, communication skills
- Proactive, autonomous, rigorous, analytical, willingness and motivation to work in an international and intercultural context
- Good Knowledge of English and Arabic (written and spoken)
- Be committed to MdM’s values as an organization and motivated by its non-statutory, not For Profit model
How to Apply
Interested to apply? Please apply through the below link:
- Deadline for submission: May 18, 2022
- Candidates from local governorates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- If you have any questions, please contact us at:
Thanks to note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل