Agronomist This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and armed violence. Please visit www.icrc.org for more information.
The ICRC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of:
Contract type: Open Ended.
Duty Station: ADEN
Agronomist 2 plans, implements and monitors the Economic Security(EcoSec) Unit’s agriculture programmes in line with the country strategy and underthesupervision and guidance of their hierarchical superior
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
Working under supervision and with support from Agronomist 3, Economic Security Generalist 3 or Economic Security Coordinator 1, has most of the following responsibilities:
- Designs or adjusts data-collection tools.
- Collects data using data-collection tools and devices.
- Enters data into and maintains the survey database and the EcoSec Programme Management Tool (EPMT).
- Performs basic qualitative and quantitative data analysis.
- Describes results and produces data visualizations.
- Contributes to identifying response options by analysing strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT).
- Contributes to designing a suitable method for registering beneficiaries.
- Contributes to developing methods, plans, implementation, logistics and reporting for aid distribution.
- Carries out on-site aid distributions.
- Contributes to designing and implementing an agriculture programme (seed multiplication, seed and tool distribution and capacity-building).
- Contributes to analysing the security, socioeconomic, cultural and political environment as it relates to the ICRC
- .Contributes to internal reporting.
- Translates documents for internal use and interprets upon request.
- Contributes to the organizing and providing capacity-building activities.
- May contribute to providing supervision, guidance, support and appraisals for EcoSec staff at the B1 and B2 levels.
- Provides administrative support.
Scope & Impact
- Geographical remit: Mission or (sub-)delegation.
- In countries with simple programmes, is responsible for the agriculture programme under the close supervision and guidance of Agronomist 4 .
- Internally, interacts mainly with colleagues at local level.
- Externally, maintains and develops a network of external contacts at the local and district levels (members of the population, community leaders, authorities,NGOs, etc.) in consultation with their direct supervisor..
- Technical degree (2–3 years) or Bachelors degree (BA) in agronomy.
- Good command (spoken and written) of English knowledge of the local language(s)..
Professional Experience Required
- Typically 3 -5 years’ experience in a similar field.
- People management
- Team work & Collaboration
- Representing the ICRC
- Beneficiary & Client-focused
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل