MEAL Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Action Contre la Faim is an International Humanitarian Organization which is private, non-political, non-denomination and non-profit making. Action Contre la Faim vocation is to save lives by combating hunger, disease and those crises threatening the lives of vulnerable men, women and children. Action Contre la Faim currently operates in 46 countries including Yemen globally and conduct programs in nutrition, food security, health, water and sanitation.
JOB TITLE: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer
Location: Aden with usual visits to Al-Khawkha base
Duration: up to 31 December 2021
Supervised by: Senior MEAL Officer – Aden
Overall objective of position:
To support the day-to-day implementation of monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning activities of in Action Contre la Faim
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer, the MEAL Officer will provide support in the implementation of day-to-day MEAL activities of projects implemented under AL-Khawkhah field office. Specifically, the MEAL Officer will:
Mission 1: To implement project related assessments, monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning
- Assist the MEAL Manager in the implementation of MEAL Plan in line with strategy;
- Lead and take part in field data collection for strategic indicators;
- Support data entry and analysis as required;
- Take part in routine/emergency needs assessments/ surveys;
- Regularly monitor & follow-up visits to program sites/ activities to ensure standard procedures have been followed;
- Mainstream accountability mechanism in program activities, and support the effective implementation of feedback and complaints response mechanisms;
- Assist the MEAL Manager in project baseline, end line, PDMs, Pre and Post KAP surveys;
- Assist the MEAL manager in conducting and documenting project lesson learnt exercises and reports;
- Support external evaluations as required.
Mission 2: Maintain comprehensive data management and timely reporting
- Submit all project-related required and requested reports and ad hoc updates on time.
- Maintain, document and handover all project records in an organized and complete manner to enable audit of the project.
- Participate in the weekly coordination meetings, or other ad hoc internal meetings as requested.
- Prepare handover/end of mission reports to cover periods of leave and/or upon exit from the project.
- Ensure all the data collected are cleaned, validated and stored properly, for further use;
- Support the MEAL Manager in all support functions as required and filing of records.
Mission 3: Assist in wider organizational development through learning and proposal development support:
- Support in the development of standardized tools;
- Assist the MEAL manager for conducting timely project reviews;
- Contribute to overall project design, activity implementation guidelines, training development, and documentation;
- Provide additional support to the MEAL Manager as requested.
- Minimum of a College Diploma in related field of study.
- At least 2 years of relevant working experience in INGOs, particularly, in the field of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) or similar humanitarian field.
- Previous experience working on a variety of surveys/assessments.
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly to field sites;
- Experience handling data cleaning, analysis, and presentation;
- Experience with evaluations and monitoring as well as feedback and complaints response mechanisms;
- Good understanding of the program cycle, humanitarian charters, laws, standards principles, and crosscutting issues.
- Ability to produce quality deliverables in the timeframe;
- Experience of working in complex and volatile contexts
- Strong awareness of professionalism and working confidentially;
- Strong understanding of concepts and features of data management tools.
- Proven ability to use MS Office applications (Excel is a must);
Skills and Competencies:
- A team-player demonstrating the ability to multi-task and work in cross-functional, fast-paced environment with the pressure of multiple deadlines
- Maturity and professional ability to handle sensitive information and ability to respect the confidentiality of such information;
- Good verbal and written English skills
- strong communication skills;
- Strong commitment to Action Contre la Faim’s charter, mission and core values
- Level of the position: T2.
- Basic salary in accordance with our National Salary grid.
- Transportation allowance.
- Eid bonus: a full basic salary per year.
- Medical and life insurance coverage: Including the employee, spouse, children and parents.
ACF offers equal opportunities, however priority given to qualified female and/or persons with a disability.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل