Media Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Job Title: Media Officer
Application Deadline: 13/5/2021
Duty Station: Country Office (Yemen)
VHI is an international NGO, with its head office based in Germany. Vision Hope’s Focus region is Middle East and North Africa (MENA). As of today, we have offices based in Yemen, Syria, Jordan, Tunisia, and Germany, with plans to begin projects in Palestine and Lebanon soon. In keeping with the goal of creating sustainable development, the project’s are run mostly by local individuals, who are already part of the community being transformed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop creative and engaging social media strategies.
- Manage the day-to-day handling of all social media channels.
- Prepare and design various reports and designs for social media.
- Draft and edit content for all project activities.
- Manage production and design output of VHI and project
- Repurpose content for use across an array of communications channels, including print products, interactive documents, social media, and video.
- Generate key visual content across a variety of platforms, both digital and traditional.
- Create infographics that compellingly convey achievements in related activities.
- Design awareness materials ( Posters, Videos).
- Coordinate the production of the VHI prospectus and newsletter both digitally and in print.
- Interview the beneficiaries and write touching success stories of the project and write them properly in well-written English
- Provide an exceptional level of support to our social media communities across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube by moderating, responding to, and escalating messages and feedback in a timely and supportive manner.
- Form relationships with available media and make broad media coverage of news of project activities.
- Share the required information material with the funder, as well as to the Media Department.
- Document all project activities, success stories and make media coverage.
- Archive all data and informational materials belonging to the VHI.
- Contribute to the ongoing measurement and evaluation of our social media activity and work on new ways to demonstrate the impact
- Comply with and assist with the development of policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality, and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
- Work with the HQ to keep social media policy, procedures, and guidelines up to date and ensure they are communicated effectively
- Also, perform any other tasks or duties assigned by the Line manager.
Education and Skill Requirement:
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Media, or any related field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in a similar position.
- Professional Photography / Videography skills are desirable.
- Ability to deal with design and montage programs (Adobe Creative Cloud).
- Formulating and Editing content skills for all projects required.
- Proficient in Microsoft package (MS Office)
- Fluent in English and Arabic; German is a plus.
- Most importantly, enthusiasm, ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines and a genuine interest in the work of an INGO.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل