Senior Office Manager This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Senior Office Manager - Al Dhalee
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 8 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Hodeidah, Raymah, Ibb,Dhamar, Aden-Dhalee, Saadah, Al Jawf and Marib.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
- Position: Senior Office Manager
- Department: Support
- Location: Aldhalee
- Contract Type: Fixed term
- Contract Duration: 6 months, renewable
1. Internal Coordination and Oversight
1.1. Internal Coordination
- Facilitate interdepartmental communication and information sharing for a positive working environment in the Base;
- Ensure that Program, Logs, Finance AME and Compliance teams are coordinating, sharing information and supplying required documentation to complete tasks (such as fleet planning, base-level procurements, field activities and stack management) in a timely and compliant manner;
- Ensure implementation of ACTED coordination mechanism at base level (WAM, FLAT meeting, etc.);
- Ensure all sub-area level reporting documentation is submitted to Area-level Head of Departments in a timely manner.
1.2. Staff Oversight
- Ensure that all staff in the base understand and are able to perform their roles and responsibilities related to base operations and link with the area Head of Departments;
- Manage interpersonal conflicts among staff at base level;
- Promote team building, productivity and staff welfare;
- Mentor and support the team to build capacities, and improve efficiency and performance, and follow career management;
- Act as intermediary between Area Coordinator and base staff to ensure information flows are upheld and pro-actively inform the Area Coordinator of challenges and problems in the sub base.
2. Office Administration and Management
2.1. Office Management
- Track and control all support costs and spending on the base, ensure efficiency and make savings wherever possible;
- Ensure the timely, compliant payment of all base support costs.
3. FLATS Management
3.1. Administration and HR Management
- Direct line management of sub area HR team;
- Ensure transparent and timely recruitment of national staff;
- Proactively suggest adaptation of the staffing structure at sub base level to needs and funding in coordination with area coordination;
- Ensure regular performance appraisal and career management for staff at sub base level;
- Ensure timely and accurate sub base HR TITANIC reporting;
- Ensure timely exit forms.
3.2. Finance Management
- Support and assist the Finance team in accurate budget forecasting and efficient cash flow management;
- Track and assist the sub-base Finance team in ensuring timely and accurate base finance TITANIC reporting.
3.3. Logistics & IT Management
- Direct line management of sub area logistics team;
- Follow up and coordinate between teams to support timely, compliant procurement, stock and asset management and communications, and timely and accurate TITANIC reporting;
- Assist the Logistics Officer with vehicle rental planning, fuel and driver management to ensure compliant and efficient fleet management;
- Evaluate and prioritize maintenance and equipment needs against available budget.
3.4. Transparency/Compliance Management
- Support and follow up with the Compliance Assistant to minimize risk of fraud and corruption and ineligible costs;
- Support the Compliance Assistant with the design and delivery of trainings and capacity buildings on ACTED’s policies and procedures, including ACTED’s transparency and whistle blowing policy.
3.5. Security Management
- Assist and support the Safety Officer with safety improvements, trainings and follow up on safety and security incidents and reporting.
4. External Representation and Liaison
4.1. External Representation
- With support from the Aden Liaison Officer, ensure regular communication and liaison with MOPIC, Governor’s Office and other local authority stakeholders to maintain ACTED’s positive relationship and reputation locally;
- Develop and maintain relationships with Base / Office Managers, OCHA and other cluster/humanitarian actors in Al Dhalee and ensure communication and coordination on humanitarian activities;
- Remain up-to-date and aware of all project activities and progress on the base, to facilitate reporting and engagement with other humanitarian actors and authorities in the area;
- Flag to the AC and PC humanitarian gaps in the area and opportunities for ACTED to deliver additional assistance, based on communication and liaison with key stakeholders.
5. Project Implementation Follow-up
5.1. Project Implementation Support
- Support (Deputy) Project Managers through trouble shooting and eliminating blocking points;
- Ensure coordination between (D)PMs and AME/Database for timely monitoring and reporting on field activities;
- Assist (D)PMs in monitoring cash burn rates and BFUs and project reports
- Ensure that relevant project factsheets are up-to-date and available for reporting and communication purposes with local stakeholders.
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience)
- At least 5 years' experience in relevant field in an INGO;
- At least 3 years' experience in managerial position including people management;
- Previous Experience in managing field office;
- Experience in project management and proven organizational skills;
- Previous experience working in Aldhalee is Preferable;
- Good knowledge of relevant donors;
- Experience dealing with national partners and local/government authorities.
- Bachelor degree in management, Engineering or related field;
- Master degree in management is preferable;
- Experience in team management;
- Strong communication skills (high ability to articulate and present ideas, thoughts and problems clearly, effectively and concisely);
- Fluency in English (writing, reading, speaking);
- Strong Knowledge of the local humanitarian context;
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes;
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback;
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to ACTED’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.Skills/Attitude
- Result-oriented approach, initiates but also makes sure that initiatives come to a satisfactory result;
- Takes initiative to improve processes and procedures;
- Knows how to prioritize;
- Alerts the Area Coordination when financial and operational problems, issues, risks arise including fraud;
- Planning and organizational skills related to work and time management;
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy;
- Good communicator, both verbal and written;
- Willingness to learn and be trained and be challenged to grow;
- Willingness to teach and train others.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل