CARE International in Yemen is currently seeking for a Hygiene Promotion Officer. He/She will Coordinates all Hygiene Promotion activities according to strategy, proposals and budgets. He will be responsible for leading hygiene promotion team in planning, implementing, supervising and organizing the entire project interventions in targeted districts.
Hygiene Promotion Officer
The Hygiene Promotion Officer reports to WASH Team Leader. S/He is responsible to Coordinates all Hygiene Promotion activities according to strategy, proposals, budgets and plans at area level, leading Hygiene Promotion Field Officers in planning, implementation and monitoring of the entire hygiene promotion activities. Moreover, s/he will be responsible, offering daily guidance, planning to the hygiene promotion team at area level, facilitating new Hygiene Promotion approaches, methodologies and technologies and representing CARE in hygiene promotion coordination meetings on governorate level.
Therefore, the incumbent will be responsible for leading hygiene promotion team in planning, implementing, supervising and organizing the entire project interventions in targeted districts.
- Coordinates all Hygiene Promotion activities according to strategy, proposals, budgets and plans at area level.
- Capacity builds and supervises WASH Field officers – Hygiene Promotion in his/her respective governorate.
- Ensures adherence to CARE hygiene promotion technical guidelines and donor requirements in specific projects.
- Break down the annual operational plans for hygiene promotion into weekly, monthly and quarterly implementation plans at area level
- Ensure that procurement, development and distribution of materials and equipment are timely and according to procedures
- Investigate and facilitate introduction of new technology, methods and approaches in order to improve the quality of hygiene promotion activities
- Record targets and monitor behavioural changes on a regular basis in respective governorate.
- At area level, take lead in conducting hygiene promotion related assessments including PDM, KAP etc in coordination with the WASH team leader and M&E department.
- Monitor hygiene promotion activities, procurement and ensure there adhere to the implementation plan.
- Explore and work with different groups to find effective hygiene promotion approaches including drama shows, radio messaging and role plays etc.
- Advise the WASH team on the most effective hygiene promotion approaches in respective areas.
- Offer daily guidance, planning to the hygiene promotion team at governorate level.
Reporting and Documentation
- Compile hygiene promotion data from WASH field officers and share with relevant teams.
- Works with the WASH engineer to Prepare periodic progress reports and other documents as required by the WASH team leader.
- Manage hygiene promotion activities database at area level.
- Participates in WASH/Hygiene promotion coordination at governorate level and coordinates with all relevant hygiene promotion stakeholders.
- Coordinate with WASH Engineer to ensure that both hygiene promotion activities and hardware activities are implemented in a coordinated and integrated manner.
- Coordination with relevant stakeholders on governorate level to ensure effective programming and implementation.
Qualifications and experience required:
- University degree in social studies or Public Health, Nursing, Teaching.
- Experience in project management.
- Experience in working as a Hygiene Promotion Project Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Excellent skills in monitoring implementation of program activities.
- Able to travel to remote rural area including overnight staying.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Managing resources and achieving results
- Handling insecure environments
- Comply with all relevant CARE policies and procedures with respect to child protection, workplace environment, employee code of conduct and all other related subjects
Please note that the only way to apply for a position with CARE is through the application system link that starts with careyemis.org/Apply that is shared in the advert of YemenHR.com or the formal newspaper. Furthermore, any recruitment or hiring correspondences would be through CARE official email addresses as in this example: firstname.lastname@example.org
CARE DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING).
Please do not apply unless you meet minimum application requirements, otherwise you will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply
Application Procedure: Interested applicants should apply via link below by 04th of July, 2022:
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل