Communication Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Title: Communication Officer
Department/unit: Communication Unit
Reporting to: Executive Director
Main Contact(s): Projects Team, Resonate’s internal and external stakeholders, Resonate’s Executive Director
Type of contract: full-time renewed annually depending on performance and availability of funds
Duration of Initial Contract: One Year (extendable based upon performance and funding availability)
Application Closing: 17 Aug 2021
ABOUT Resonate! Yemen
Resonate! Yemen Foundation (Resonate!), is a non-for-profit civil society foundation contributing to inclusive and local sustainable development through the provision of institutional development and local community empowerment programs to diverse groups of development stakeholders including CSOs, Youth and Local Authorities. Resonate! believes in community-based empowered interventions as a main source of local sustainable development. Thus, strengthening the capacities of different development stakeholders is essential to guarantee a better quality of service delivery especially during these challenging times.
During the past 10 years, Resonate! had worked closely with a significant network of CSOs covering a wide geographical scope in Yemen. It provided its local governorate implementing partners i.e., CSOs and local authorities, both in the district and governorate level, with capacity building and technical support in various topics/areas including but not limited to: Social Accountability, Public Policy, Governance, Advocacy, Project Management/Planning, Strategic Planning, Conflict Resolution, Peacebuilding, Justice, Community Needs Assessment, Coordination and Networking, etc. While on the other hand, it worked towards building sustainable policies in Yemen while taking into consideration the input of Yemeni youth as major stakeholders in policy design and implementation bringing the voices and ideas of youth to public policy discourse while supporting youth action on issues of national and international significance.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of Resonate communications strategy and the organization’s annual and projects’ communication plans.
- Establish system for the effective flow of information to and from projects to support communications function.
- Lead production of communication materials and content generation including: project briefs, Designing Annual Reports, media briefs, fact sheets, social media content, info-graphs, video and audio and blogs, articles, photo diaries, videos, stories, brochures and promotional material.
- Manage organization digital communication channels (Facebook, twitter, blog, Info email, website) by developing appropriate content, ensuring regular posting of information and that website is well updated.
- Contribute to the strengthening of external relationships with other stakeholders including community, donors, UN agencies, iNGOs, national NGOs, and civic societies.
- Support staff in enhancing communication capacities.
- Develop and ensure proper implementation of organization brand and communication guidelines.
- Engage public media increasing public discussion and fundraising of organization objective while managing media sensitivities and risks.
- Work with the projects teams and other stakeholders in managing and implementing events/campaigns
- Responsible for ensuring that resonate projects are compliant with donors/partners branding and visibility requirements.
- Communicate clearly and in a timely fashion with external audiences, face-to-face, through email and telephone; conferences where appropriate, and other forms;
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date donor/partners database and proactively avail information of relevant opportunities.
- Develop and update a database of media professionals, photographers, videographers, and other NGO press officers for networking and potential partnership,
- Support M&E in gathering, tracking, and reporting data and in preparation and submitting success stories of the project’s activities.
- Develop communications-related tools, templates or SOPs as required.
- Conduct content gathering visits/travel to projects activities/events, to collect high quality case studies, photos, and work with projects’ staff to help with content development efforts.
- Assure organization’s branding identity is well reflected in all its reports/studies/publications.
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Director.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements
- A bachelor degree in Communications or a relevant field (an advanced degree is preferred)
- At least 2 years of experience in the field of communications.
- Proven experience in designing and targeting online communities.
- Previous experience in working with INGOs in Yemen is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, public speaking, and strategic planning.
- Excellent Writing skills in Arabic and English
- Sound writing techniques (interviews, articles, press releases, Translation, etc)
- General knowledge of information and communication sciences, deontological, ethical, legal rules of the profession.
- Strong analysis and synthesis capabilities
- Good social and interpersonal skills
- Listening skills and availability
- Strong innovation, organization and autonomy potentials
- Sense of initiative and responsibility, reactivity with a good character
- Excellent writing skills: ability to synthesize and deliver messages in simple language,
- Capacity to adapt to various contexts and publics
- Capacity to enforce editorial, graphic and typographic charters
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل