Program Quality & Partnership Coordinator
Job Title: Program Quality & Partnership Coordinator
Reports to: Country Manager
Salary Grade: 10
(CRS) is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
CRS is newly registered in Yemen and is starting-up a team and program to serve the complex needs of the country. CRS is planning to operate in both Aden and Sana’a with programming in health, WASH, education, and livelihoods. CRS is currently working with two partner organizations in Yemen with a vision to expand further. This is a dynamic opportunity to build a program from the ground up.
As a lead for program quality and partnership, you will ensure the projects in CRS’ Yemen portfolio are implemented according to CRS’ project management standards, program quality principles, and global best practice. You will take a leadership role in coordinating technical guidance and advice to staff and partners to strengthen capacities and advance CRS’ work serving the poor and vulnerable. Your relationship management skills will ensure that CRS is working with and including relevant stakeholders and partners in the design, implementation, and learning aspects of projects and that CRS is constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Organize and lead the design, start-up, implementation and close of all assigned projects in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Ensure learning properly accompanies project activities throughout the project cycle. Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities and guiding partners in their efforts to reflect on project experiences. Analyze implementation challenges and report any inconsistencies and/or gaps to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules.
- Coordinate and oversee working relationships with all local project stakeholders, particularly local implementing partners, and serve as the liaison for mobilization and joint problem-solving.
- Lead mapping and assessment activities of other local partners or stakeholders and advise on relevant partnerships to ensure that CRS works through diverse alliances of local actors.
- Support and coordinate capacity building and technical support activities to staff and partners ensure project activities are implemented per project guidelines and standards.
- Supervise and perform ad-hoc inspections of various processes and resources at project sites to ensure timely implementation of project activities and adherence to established process standards and procedures. Ensure proper tracking of resource use for project activities through periodic budget reviews and follow-up with and assistance to implementing partner.
- Ensure project documentation for assigned activities is complete with all required documents and is filed per agency and donor requirements. Assist with preparation of trends analysis reports and documentation of case studies and promising practices
- Bachelor's Degree required. Degree in International Relations or in a field relevant to CRS’ program portfolio (Health/WASH/Education/Livelihoods) would be a plus.
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience in project design and implementation, ideally for an international or national NGO.
- Prior experience working with sub-grantees / local implementing partner organizations a strong advantage.
- Additional experience may substitute for some education.
Required Languages – Fluency in business English and Arabic required.
Travel – Periodic travel between Aden and Sana’a for meetings with partners and CRS all-team meetings.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Analysis and problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
- Experience working with partners, participatory action planning and community engagement.
- Staff supervision experience a plus.
- Experience monitoring projects, collecting and analyzing relevant data, and adjusting programs.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities: Education Specialist, Program Officer
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: CRS Yemen team members, Head of Programming (based in the US), peers in other CRS offices in the region, CRS regional technical advisors.
- External: Relevant counterparts at UN agencies, INGOs and national NGOs, donor community, service providers.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. CRS carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply
Please submit your CV as a PDF, other formats rather than PDF will consider corrupted and will lead to neglect application.
You can apply via the email below:
*Only fully vaccinated applicants will be included in the recruitment process.
*Please upload the international vaccination card or the regular vaccination card along with your CV.”
Please be informed that the COVID-19 vaccine ( fully vaccination) is mandatory for all CRS staff. At this stage of the process, please acknowledge that if you are not fully vaccinated yet, that you will be able to get the vaccine if you are selected for this position.
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل