Health Public Officer (مسؤول صحة عامة) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Contract type: Fixed term (full time)
Contract duration: 6 months subject to fund availability.
Duty Station: Roving between Hajjah sub-office, Hodeida sub-office and HQ office with frequent visits for project field sites in Khayran Al Muharraq & Aslam districts in Hajjah governorate and Algarrahi and Bayt Alfaqih in Hodeida governorate.
Report directly to: Project Manager.
Work with: Data Entry, pharmacist, Health field assistants, MEAL officer, Nutrition specialist, Logistic officer , Finance Officer, Health workers and CHVs.
The National Foundation for Development and Humanitarian Response (NFDHR) is a not-for-proﬁt and nongovernmental organization (NGO) that was established June 2012 in Yemen. Our vision is a peaceful and stable Yemen free of poverty, in which all people have equal access to basic needs and human rights, and our mission is to provide an integrated humanitarian and development response to aid Yemen and other conﬂict. aﬀected countries through a professional, neutral, and transparent approach
We aim to achieve our overall vision and mission by working to enhance local communities' development and stability through identifying structural causes of poverty, raising awareness, increasing access to basic services, and focusing on building citizens' capacities, especially women and youth, so as to enable their participation in the decision-making process that leads to sustainable development and a peaceful society within their developing and conﬂict-aﬀected countries. NFDHR aims to accomplish these goals through its seven core programs: Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL); Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH); Health and Nutrition; . Education; Gender and Protection; Shelter and Non-food items (NFIs); and Peace building and Governance
NFDHR is implementing “Emergency Response Project in Health and Nutrition to the Vulnerable IDPs and host communities in Hajjah and Hodeida” which is funded by UNOCHA and designed with the aim to cover the gap for people in acute need through life-saving assistance of Health and Nutrition in the targeted districts and ensuring accessibility to humanitarian assistance among the most vulnerable IDPs and the host communities in Khayran Al Muharraq & Aslam districts in Hajjah and in Al Garrahi and Bayt al-faqih Districts in Hodeida governorates.
This project goal is to further enhance and improve the sustainability of the health care system and maintain the currently established level of services provided to the community through the provision of an integrated approach, prioritizing the most vulnerable population (pregnant and lactating women, under-five children, IDPs who are merged in the hosting community and host communities) and ensure quality health services through the project activities.
Under the direct supervision of the Health and nutrition project manager, the public Health Officer will work long hours and must be available for Supervising project implementation to ensure service delivery.
These hours are spent ensuring the running, management and technical support of health and nutrition project, responsible for implementing the action plan and following up field staff, Preparing the Monthly and Timely reports to H&N Project manager. This position is full-time, based on a 40-hour work week, but varies from week to week as humanitarian need constantly oscillates according to the unstable conﬂict environment and funding availability.
Main responsibilities and duties:
1. Coordinate or combine the resources of health care institutions, social service organizations, public safety personnel, or other agencies to enhance the community health.
2. Design or use monitoring tools, like as screening, lab records, and vital information, to recognize health risks.
3. Develop tools to address behavioral causes of diseases.
4. Direct or control prevention programs in specialized areas such as aerospace, work-related, infectious disease, and environmental medicine.
5. Assess the effectiveness of recommended risk reduction actions or other interventions.
6. Recognize groups at threat for specific preventable diseases.
7. Prepare precautionary health reports which include problem explanations, analyses, alternate solutions, and suggestions.
8. Accomplish all related tasks through ERP System.
9. Working through Portal 365.
10. Deliver details about potential health risks and possible treatments to the media, the public, other health care experts, or local, state, and national health regulators.
11. Manage or coordinate the work of doctors, nurses, statisticians, or other staff members.
12. Educate or train medical team regarding precautionary medicine problems.
13. Design, implement, or assess health service delivery systems to enhance the health of specific communities.
14. Contribute to the monitoring and evaluation of Nutrition activities by collecting appropriate data from selected beneficiaries, using pre-made questionnaires and/or PRA tools.
15. Act as a liaison between communities and the NFDHR office; maintain good relationships with beneficiaries and local leaders/authorities; and report any identified issues to the Project Manager
16. Immediately report any challenges or implementation delays to the Project Manager.
17. Help the MEAL specialist/team to monitoring and evaluating the assigned Nutrition activities in the field
18. Work collaboratively with the project manager and team to maximize efficiencies and effectiveness
19. Organize and monitor schedules for the Nutrition project activities and team duties and see that deadlines are met
20. Help in monitoring project budget and help ensure resources are used efficiently
21. Collecting data, sorting, filing and sending out project files such as reports on field project activities and field needs for beneficiaries on a regular basis (weekly, monthly) to the HEALTH Project manager.
22. Coordinate travel needs, schedules and meetings in the field
23. Coordinate with the relevant local authorities and communities in the target area to conduct the identification, registration, and verifications of HEALTH beneficiaries
24. Help to prepare Nutrition project reports and data in coordination with Project Manager.
Qualifications and competencies:
- University degree in Public Health , or a related subject,
- One to two years of experience in a similar field.
- Good in written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Technical background in livelihoods and food security
- Good knowledge of the General Context of Yemen and in particular food security issues.
- Good analytical and planning skills with ability to interpret the situation.
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills.
- Good computer skills.
- Team work skills.
- Resilience and the ability to work under pressure, organizing prioritization and multi-tasking skills.
- Problem solving with ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to write reports and collect data.
- Responsibility, cooperation and take initiatives.
- Sensitive to gender issues and Gender Equity and Diversity (GED) principles.
- Good understanding of complex emergencies
- Flexible and creative
- Knowledge of the context in Hajja .
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure
- Capable of working collaborative with team members to achieve results
- Relates and works well with people from different cultures, genders, religions and backgrounds
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل