Project Manager This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
The Sustainable Development Foundation (SDF) is a non-governmental, voluntary, independent organization established in March 2015, officially registered at the Ministry of Social Affairs as per license (99). As SDF has been present in Yemen since 2015, it has experience implementing emergency child protection and education responses, including women and youth empowerment. SDF has experience in handling large grants from international donors, such as UNDP, UNHCR, WFP, OCHA, WHO, SCI and ZOA. The Foundation has excellent national-level relations and has experience in coordinating with both national and international NGOs. It has offices, staff and community-based committees in Hajjah, Sana'a, Marib, Ibb, Hudidah, Dhamar, Almahweet, Al-Bayda’a, a6nd Hadramout as well as solid experiences engaging with local communities from whom it gained acceptance and with whom it has collaborated in the past. In addition to that, SDF creates livelihood opportunities and community-based protection.
- Posted vacancy: Project Manager
- Location: Hajjah
- Employer: Sustainable Development Foundation (SDF) – Yemen.
- Position Type: Full-time contract.
- Position reporting to: Program Manager.
- Starting Date: ASAP.
- Post date: Nov17th, 2022
- Closing date: Nov26th, 2022
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Start-up, monitor and evaluate activity plan and implementation of the project activities.
- Production of monthly internal specific report and elaboration of mid-term and final report according with Donor rules and regulation. Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques. Manage the relationship with all stakeholders.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects. Represent SDF into cluster meetings (if needed).
- Supervise the implementation of project activities in a timely manner within scope and within budget.
- Manage all logistical procedures for the project in coordination with the Logistic Coordinator – ensuring SDF and donor requirements are met and proper documentation is collected and maintained for all procurement.
- Ensure data is collected regularly to respond to agreed indicators.
- Carry out rapid assessments to investigate further programming opportunities inside the project governorates.
- Build capacity of SDF to meet minimum standards for Protection and shelter program in Emergency, including training and mentoring of the staffs with the technical support of the senior management.
- Work with the mission Protection and shelter team to strengthen these sectors in SDF. Ensure resource availability and allocation.
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals. Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Responsible for the total project activities and sub plans such as quality of services improvement, risks management and campaigns regarding the project presenting and impression to the targeted community.
- Delegate project tasks based on junior staff members’ individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels in compliance with latest best practices.
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis.
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with relevant parties and other staff members. Use and continually develop leadership skills.
- Attend conferences and training as required to maintain proficiency.
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams, process maps and other customized reports for document needs.
- Perform other related duties as assigned in order to facilitate the project activities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- At least a Master degree in relevant field.
- At least 3 years of experience as project manager, multi-sector approach experience preferred. Technical background in protection and shelter - related project.
- Excellent computer skills (proven computer literacy, in particular proficiency with MS Office tools is a must). Demonstrated experience in staff supervision and remote management models.
- Strong experience with monitoring tools and systems.
- Willingness to accept basic living standards and frequent field missions. Proven working experience in project management.
- Full professional proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures. Rely on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Perform a variety of tasks. Lead and direct the work of others.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department. Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Professional Standards: The SDF workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in SDF Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability, and Equity. In accordance with these values, the SDF operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation, and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل