Health Information Services (HIS) Officer (Re-advertised)
Position Title: Health Information Services (HIS) Officer
Position End Date: 31 December 2022
Duty Station: Al-Turbah
Reports To: Health and Nutrition Project Manager
The HIS Officer will be responsible for data collection and analysis in support of vital health and nutrition programming. Daily tasks include designing databases and templates for field data collection, entering data, checking the accuracy of data, filing and scanning original documents, highlighting trends in the data, and noting discrepancies in the data to ensure all health information is accurate. Additionally, the HIS Officer will monitor the progress of the program against targets and report any trends or discrepancies to the Health & Nutrition Manager. She/he will also assist with communication during meetings, and will facilitate all Human Resources related activities for health and nutrition workers, in full coordination with the Program Manager to ensure a capacity-building plan is implemented. She/he will also perform or assist with regular MEAL activities including needs assessments, baseline/endline/midline assessments, reporting and other monitoring activities as needed.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Under the direct guidance of the Health & Nutrition Program Manager or MEAL Team, ensure the effective management and development of all health and nutrition programs including assessments, monitoring, review and evaluation within the framework of the response.
- Help health and nutrition program team train new staff in health and nutrition information system formats and make sure that all concern people at the health facility level understand the reporting system.
- Revise and enter weekly and monthly data/reports into health and nutrition database including online systems, CMAM DB, cluster reports and ensure that all information entered is correct and valid.
- Analyze health and nutrition information data by program to show achievements by month, quarter and year. Present them in monthly programs meetings.
- Give feedback to the program coordinator / manager about common mistakes in the reports to be addressed and correct them.
- Report health and nutrition data to program coordinator and program manager.
- Coordinate with program team to follow all human resource needs for health staff (IDs card, Emails, medical insurance).
- Prepare the payment sheet for incentivized health workers and volunteers on a monthly basis and submit them to the manager for approval.
- Analyze the data and compile a report of all the indicators of the program to show program achievements.
- Work with health and nutrition team to design registration documents, reporting templates and printing materials.
- Assist in conducting health and nutrition surveys and assessments, from planning to execution to data analysis and final assessment report.
- Provide technical support to SP staff, partners and government authorities on H\NIS, planning and data management.
- Attend weekly meeting with the Health and Nutrition staff to monitor progress in implementation, exchange information, discuss challenges and plan forward.
- Ensure that staff responsibilities are clearly defined and understood. Ensure objectives are set against work plans and regularly monitored.
- Ensure that incentivized health care staff perform well and are monitored regularly to fulfil required indicators of the program.
- Report any problems in a timely manner to the line manager.
- Prepare weekly and monthly progress reports and statistic reports for submission to the line manager.
- Comply with SP policies and practices with respect to child protection, code of conduct, child safeguarding, health and safety, equal opportunity and other relevant policies and procedures
- Working effectively as team member and solve staff problems whenever occur.
- Take up any job related assignment as requested by supervisor.
- Support the MEAL team in implementing MEAL activities in the field. This responsibility may include general support to developing data collection tools and forms, performing spot checks of the field projects, conducting data cleaning and data analysis.
- Ensure the development and implementation of the MEAL plan in close coordination with the MEAL team in Aden, including but not limited to baseline survey, post-implementation survey and endline project surveys.
- Lead and conduct any other data collection exercise in the field using different techniques including household surveys, focus group discussions, and key informant interviews in close coordination with the MEAL team in Aden.
- Support all data analysis of monitoring and evaluation data for inclusion into the program reports.
- Coordinate and support the data collection at field level for evaluations as guided by the M&E Officer.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be willing to abide by Samaritan’s Purse’s code of conduct and understand the principals of Samaritan’s Purse’s statement of faith, as well as be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Attention to detail, anticipation and follow up are core values of the job function while maintaining the highest levels of confidentiality regarding workers data.
2. Ability to be flexible and adaptable, taking on additional responsibilities as needed.
3. Knowledge of computer systems and its applications such as Outlook, Word, and Excel including formulas/formatting.
4. Having an above average typing speed in both English and Arabic.
5. Decent English language skills preferred.
Education / Experience Needed
- Qualified Medical or IT degree with strong background of medical statics and medical field. An additional level of experience in the area of monitoring and evaluation at the field level is also desirable.
- Understanding rights based approaches and participatory concepts and practical experience in similar context.
- Ability to communicate and maintain tactful relations with community.
- Strong commitment to capacity building of national staff and partners with willingness to adopt a participatory and consultative management approach.
- Flexible, adaptable, able to improvise and work in stressful, volatile environment
LANGUAGE: Arabic is required, with English highly preferred.
Ability to work under pressure and perform at a consistent level of excellence so as to ensure the quality and accuracy of the data entered.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk and run; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be exposed to loud noises around the maintenance and construction workshops.
- May travel in country with exposure to communicable diseases, hot and humid weather conditions.
- Work in a security context that is fluid
This is a non-contractual document that can be varied from time to time as circumstances dictate. This job description is intended to summarize the main duties and responsibilities of the post; this is not intended to be a full and exhaustive list of tasks. All SP staff is expected to demonstrate flexibility and willingness to perform appropriate tasks when the need arises.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates meeting the above qualifications and requirements are requested to send their CVs in English to YemenHR@samaritan.org before midnight of December 03rd, 2022 with the vacancy reference subject: Health Information Services (HIS) Officer
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل