Health and Nutrition Assistant
Mercy Corps is a leading international non-governmental humanitarian agency with a global mission to alleviate suffering, poverty and oppression by helping people build secure, productive and just communities.
Safeguarding at Mercy Corps is committed to the community members we work with and the beneficiaries we serve. As part of this commitment, Mercy Corps has zero tolerance for violations of our Code of Conduct (Sexual Abuse of Beneficiaries and Community Members (PSEA), Anti-Trafficking Policy, Child Safeguarding Policy, Mercy Corps Ethics Complaint and Whistleblower Policy, Sexual Misconduct in the Workplace Policy, Discrimination, Harassment and Bullying Policy, and Anti-Fraud and Corruption).
Mercy Corps Yemen would like to announce that the following position is currently open for recruitment:
Position Title: Health and Nutrition Assistant
Number of Vacancy: 1
Duty Station: Aden –Yemen
Position Category: Full-time AND Regular
Duration of Assignment: 31 Oct 2022, with possibility of extension based on fund and performance
Deadline : 18 Jan 2022
Program / Department Summary
Political instability, civil insecurity, an intensified war, and localized conflicts have plunged the country into a serious humanitarian crisis, and put into further jeopardy an already precarious humanitarian situation of Yemen. Through the Time Appeal program, Mercy Corps has been providing improved access to life-saving nutrition services for acutely malnourished under 5-year child and pregnant and lactating women in Yemen. This program will be focus on Nutrition and WaSH intervention in Aden, where there are high compounding needs and limited number of humanitarian actors.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
Under the leadership of the Nutrition Officer, the Program Assistant will be in charge of supporting all the field and administrative needs of the program. He/She will ensure that field activities are executed in an efficient manner. This position will be responsible in program for community volunteer’s management and planning of activities. Ensure Organize and supervise sensitization of the targeted populations. Organize and supervise the surveys.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Participate in elaborating training modules and suitable teaching materials with the program management.
- Mobilize the communities by applying the methodology defined for the sensitizing sessions.
- Work out a schedule for the sensitizing activities.
- Organize training sessions for community agents and/or targeted populations.
- Check the advancement of activities and the impact of the sensitizing sessions.
- Write a synthesis of the activity reports and share in timely manner to the focal person/Data entry Clark.
- Monitor the activities of health facilities or mobile clinics.
- Follow up with health facilities or Mobile clinics with any needs (Nutrition commodities, consumables) and inform the nutrition officer accordingly.
- Maintain close contact and coordination with CHVs and HWs for CMAM activities in health facilities or mobile clinics.
- Conduct regular field monitoring visits to ensure that all the cases of malnutrition are receiving the treatment supplies and food commodities according to the CMAM protocols.
- In liaison with Nutrition/ health team ensure the availability of all medical supplies required to treat the severely and moderately malnourished children and pregnant women in the area of operations.
- Investigate the reasons for slow weight gain, defaulting, absenteeism and share the findings with the Nutrition Officer
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by country leadership.
- Proactively ensure that team members operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies.
- As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Community health volunteers and Health workers
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH
Other Program Teams, MEL, Operations, Finance,
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Hold diploma in nursing or medical assistant or relevant medical field
- Has minimum one year of experience working on similar positions
- Nutrition certificate is required in CMAM.
- Basic Computer skills.
- Good knowledge English language add plus to the candidate.
- Communication qualities – Good organizational ability – Good report writing aptitude – Good knowledge of the intervention area and the local culture Ability to learn quickly and adhere to MC policies/procedures.
The successful candidate will be able to work closely with all departments and provide support to the program team. He/She must be flexible, team player, can manage multi-tasking at the same time and highly organized. He/She be able to planning of activities – Communication qualities – Good organizational ability – Good report writing aptitude – Good knowledge of the intervention area and the local culture.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Achieving our mission begins with how we build our team and work together. Through our commitment to enriching our organization with people of different origins, beliefs, backgrounds, and ways of thinking, we are better able to leverage the collective power of our teams and solve the world’s most complex challenges. We strive for a culture of trust and respect, where everyone contributes their perspectives and authentic selves, reaches their potential as individuals and teams, and collaborates to do the best work of their lives.
We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a journey, and we are committed to learning, listening and evolving to become more diverse, equitable and inclusive than we are today.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination on any basis. We actively seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have sustained global impact.
We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination based on race, color, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), marital status, military veteran status or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
Safeguarding & Ethics
Mercy Corps is committed to ensuring that all individuals we meet through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants or others, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse laid out by the UN Secretary General and IASC. We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and to adhere to Mercy Corps Code of Conduct Policies and values at all times. Team members are required to complete mandatory Code of Conduct eLearning courses upon hire and on an annual basis.
Mercy Corps Team members represent the agency both during and outside of work hours. Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and Mercy Corps' policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues. Must be willing to travel throughout the country and be available for emergencies.
- As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve - we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability to Participants
- Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our participants and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging participant communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects
How to Apply
Please if you are interested; use the following link to apply for the position and follow the below instructions carefully:
Application should be sent in English, filling all required information and upload CV.
CVs will be screen and interviewed on rolling basis.
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل