Monitoring and Evaluation Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
- Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation M&E OFFICER
- Grade: D1
- Organizational Unit: Yemen Red Crescent Society (YRCS)
- Report To: Project coordinator, YRCS PMEAL coordinator, DRC national program coordinator/delegate
- Duty Station: YRCS HQ
- Duration of Assignment: 6 Months
- Terms of employment: Employment is full time according to YRCS guidelines
1. BACKGROUND AND CONTEXT
Since 2007, the Danish Red Cross (DRC) has been working in Yemen in a strong bilateral partnership with the YRCS. The partnership has supported the organization's branch development, as well as its operations in health, psychosocial support (PSS), disaster management/preparedness and WASH. DRC is currently leading the implementation of DG ECHO funded PROGRAMMATIC PARTNERSHIP PROGRAMME (PPP) focusing in health and WASH in two governorates (Sayon and Dhamar) with the support of other movement partners (GRC, NRC, IFRC and YRCS).
Reporting to the program coordinator, the M&E officer will work closely with the programs team to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of reporting related to PPP program. The M&E officer is also responsible to monitor and report to management and stakeholders on programs. The M&E officer will work as main focal point for health and WASH M&E tools on PPP program, and provides the tailoring M&E tools to the project with input from technical staff (health/WASH); roll-out of M&E tool, support data collection and analysis and drafting of narrative reports.
3. KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
3.1. Implementation of project M&E plan
- • Work closely with YRCS HQ and branches, PPP project team on the implementation of the M&E plan monthly, quarterly and annual.
- • Assist in developing of formats for data collection for various programme activities; at community level, branch level and HQ level. These will need to be harmonized with monthly, quarterly and annual reporting needs for the programme.
- • Identify needs and formats for internal and external planning, monitoring and reporting including evaluations.
- • Assist and follow up on dissemination on programme information, in collaboration with the visibility and communication officer on activities and other programme events.
- • Promote capacity building/ short trainings for programme team on M&E formats, data collection and data synthesis/analysis for report presentations.
3.2. Programme data collection and Reporting
- • Assist in data collection, data cleaning, data analysis and presentation for various needs; dissemination, programme reports, donor reports
- • Ensure completeness and timeliness of qualitative/ quantitative data collection across all branches and HQ.
- • Prepare relevant qualitative/ quantitative reports for the PPP program, for internal and external audience, including donors and partners.
- • Ensure the quality reporting, through analysis and reporting of surveys and by providing valuable feedback on reports generated by programme teams to meet donors and partners requirement.
3.3. Knowledge management on the programme
- • Assist in facilitating and documenting lessons learnt, best practices, success stories, case studies on information from the branches/ HQ on programme activities.
- • Support the process for conducting and preparation of reports for programme mid-term reviews, end of project evaluation, in accordance with policy, guidelines of YRCS, EU and Danish Red Cross.
- • Design operational research as per need.
- • Participate in dissemination of research findings, project activity achievements and challenges in addition to sharing best practices.
- • Collaborate with YRCS PMEAL department and PPP project team on programme needs.
- • Liaise with other YRCS M&E department, other DRC supported programmes within YRCS.
3.5. Other tasks
Carry out other tasks signed by line manager.
4. VALUES AND COMPETENCIES
- • Respect and act line with the YRCS staff regulations and Code of Conduct and the Fundamental Principles and Values of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
- • Ensure and maintain the core competencies required to implement the tasks (a high degree of accountability, commitment to YRCS capacity building, a high level of technical capacity to ensure results and working effectively in teams and sharing knowledge and best practices through good communication skills).
- • Ensure management competencies to manage performance in a way that enables the YRCS to achieve its objectives with enhanced planning and coordination capacities.
5. PERSONAL SPECIFICATION
- • A Yemeni national
- • Relevant University Degree in Social Sciences, Programme Management or relevant fields. Candidate with Diploma level qualification but with relevant experience may be considered.
- • At least 3 years of experience in work which include planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
- • Experience in humanitarian/development field working with international partners
- • High qualified in report writing skills
- • Computer literacy in MS Office-Required
- • Experience in setting up and managing database for program data, designing.
- • Strong ability to communicate with people and colleagues at different levels
- • Ability to work to tight deadlines and handle multiple tasks (good time management skills)
- • Fluently spoken and written English-Required
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل