Premises Maintenance Supervisor This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and armed violence. Please visit www.icrc.org for more information.
The ICRC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of:
Premises Maintenance Supervisor
Contract type : Open-ended
Number of Posts : 1 Post
Grade : B2
Duty Station : Sana’a
Start of the announcement: 22 November 2022
The Premises Maintenance Supervisor ensures proper maintenance of ICRC premises and equipment and supervises the maintenance team and projects. Moreover, supports the procurement process of the department in accordance with the ICRC rules and regulations.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Coordinates the work of the maintenance team and ensures that premises and equipment are properly maintained and that all utilities are working as they should.
- Trains and supervises maintenance workers and organizes their activities.
- Supervises and controls maintenance-related expenses for the assigned premises.
- Deals with external service providers where relevant and coordinates/supervises their work.
- Orders or purchases any necessary material and supplies, in coordination with logistics staff, and maintains related stock.
- Keeps proper related files and statistics.
- Conducts research in the availability of contractors for each family (plumbing, electrician, construction, painting, fabricating aluminum and metal,
- Carry out ordinary purchasing of goods and services for the premises up to certain amount
- Drafts requests for tenders/quotations, selection table and contracts and submit them to their hierarchal superior.
- Follow up on purchases and deliveries and checks that they are conform with specifications and contract details.
- Receives and checks that they are corresponds to quantities and quality ordered.
- Manages, follows up, files and scans invoices and related documents.
- Ensure risks are mitigated by performing the controls assigned to his/her role as described risk and control matrix.,
- Draw the layout for premises projects and work on the required document preparation before initiating any work.
- Liaise and coordinate with the Wathab department for any technical support.
- Use the AutoCAD and SketchUp programs for layout drawing.
- Internally, interacts with other ICRC employees (Logistics and Security departments) and/or the users of ICRC premises.
- Externally, interacts with contractors, municipal authorities, landlords, suppliers, service providers, etc.
- • University degree in civil, experience in mechanical and electrical fields an asset.
- Fluent command of Arabic and English.
- Proficient in use of drawing software
Professional Experience Required
- Minimum 5 years' work experience in a similar position.
- Work experience in an international environment is an asset.
- People management
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Representing the ICRC
- · Beneficiary & Client focused
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل