Project Coordinator This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Project and Programme Management
Type Of contract
Sana’a, Amanat Alasima, Dhamar, Amran, Marib, Albyada’a.
Duration of Contract
Two months (extendable based on performance evaluation)
Direct supervision of Project Manager, and Programs & Projects Manger
The Humanitarian Development Program (HDP)- Hayel Saeed Anam Charity Foundation (HSACF), is a nonprofit and independent NGO in Yemen established by Hayel Saeed Anam Charity Foundation (HSACF). It focusses on improving the quality of Yemeni people life, through well-planned and comprehensive projects in water, education, livelihood and health interventions and related activities that strengthen underserved communities in all parts of Yemen with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergencies.
Humanitarian Development Program (HDP) places human dignity at the centre of its relief and development work. At the heart of the Program’s efforts to impact poverty and social justice. Vulnerable adults and children are particularly at risk of sexual exploitation and abuse. HDP defines the program’s commitment to the protection from sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA) of vulnerable adults, involving HDP Employees and Related Personnel. In recognition of the special vulnerability of children, also HDP affirms commitment to the welfare and protection from sexual exploitation and all forms of abuse of children, involving HDP employees and related personnel.
In line with this fact Humanitarian Development Program (HDP) is looking to recruit a Project Coordinator to assist its work on the project under the direct supervision of Project Manager, and Programs & Projects Manager.
A Project Coordinator will focus on HDP - HSACF portfolio and will work directly under the supervision of the Project Manager and in close collaboration with other project staff. S/he will be expected to maintain and strengthen relationships with implementing partners, working group members, and other stakeholders.
Provision of Child protection direct assistances to IDPs, conflict affected and host community children in six conflict affected governorates.
This project aims to provide protection services for Children in conflict-affected areas with critical child protection issues, and who are victims of grave child rights violations are referred for documentation and provision of Critical services.
II. Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of Project Manager, Project coordinator, will undertake the following tasks:
- Participation in the preparation of the time plan for the project to provide protection services to children in host communities and displaced children in the targeted governorates.
- Coordination with the affairs offices in the ministry and the targeted governorates.
- Support senior management to meet their PSEA-related responsibilities.
- Report concerns or issues with PSEA implementation to senior management.
- Receive reports of SEA allegations and coordinate the response.
- As requested, visit project activities in the field to verify reported information.
- Preparing documents for requests for quotations for providing services in the child protection project - cash transfers / empowerment / logistical services.
- Reviewing and handing over to the project team the project documents for follow-up (contracts - administrative decision - administrative forms).
- Coordination meeting with partners (Social Affairs) to determine the mechanism of work in cooperation with the project manager.
- Search with the financial officer for exchange companies operating in the targeted governorates and directorates
- Attending the meetings of the partner entity, the case management teams in the partner governorates, regarding the project.
- Attending to supervise, follow-up and evaluate the progress of the project
- Follow-up and issuance of project permits with the concerned authorities
- Follow up on the media coordinator and deliver the media needs table and follow up on the media plan and the downs that need documentation, including (documentation during coordination meetings with partner agencies - field visits to the targeted governorates to document the project - project steps - delivery of in-kind materials and others
- Follow up on all archiving and documentation works (signatures - official papers and dispatches to the concerned authorities, etc.) and supervise the preservation of project documents
- Follow up on the procurement and accounts team and the tasks related to each of them
- Preparing a schedule for disbursement, coordinating with the participating parties and the beneficiaries, and notifying them of the places and times of disbursement
- Communicate with partners periodically to ensure that the project is implemented within the specified period
- Coordinating all phases of the project and ensuring its implementation with the best procedures and methods used
- The final report is submitted to the director of programs and projects after it has been compiled by the teams from the governorates.
- Work and review the final report in Arabic & English, and submit it to those concerned in the authorities according to the agreement.
- Commitment to all HDP policies
- performance any other tasks assigned by the project manager.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the HDP’s values and ethical standards.
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of HDP.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism.
- Technical background in child protection - related project.
- Ability to frequently travel to the field sites and work in hardship and non-accompanied locations.
- Analytical Thinking.
- Innovation and Creativity.
- Technological Awareness.
- Demonstrated experience in staff supervision and remote management models.
- Perform a variety of tasks.
III. Education and Experience
- University degree in management, education, social sciences or other related discipline. Advanced university degree would be an advantage.
- Minimum one (2) year of experience supporting project management of relevant professional experience in the areas of PSEA / child protection services.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
- Working experience with UN projects will be an added asset.
- Working experience with case management / child protection projects will be an added asset.
- proficiency of both English and Arabic
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل