Project Assistant (WASH & CfW)- Hudeydah/Raymah This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Vacancy Announcement – Project Assistant (WASH & CfW)- Hudeydah/Raymah
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 8 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Hodeidah, Raymah, Ibb, Dhamar, Aden-Dhalee, Saadah and Al Jawf.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Position: Project Assistant (WASH & CfW)
Contract Type: Fixed term
Contract Duration: 4 months
- Manage a team of daily workers
- Ensures all activities are in line with general protection principles as relevant, including maintaining confidentiality of beneficiaries and colleagues and consideration of gender concerns
Meetings / Coordination
- Coordinate with project colleagues
- Participate in external coordination meetings as requested by project officer
- Organizes and participates in external meetings with community leaders and cooperatives, as requested by project officer
- Participates in internal and external trainings as requested
- Implement the activities on the field as agreed with the project officer
- Ensure community acceptance of the project through positive interactions and clear communication to beneficiaries and communities in the field.
- Takes into consideration the AMEU’s recommendations as communicated by the project officer
- Coordinate with contractors as requested by the project officer
- Implements complaints and response mechanism (CRM) as agreed with AME and project officer
- Assists the project officer in the appropriate documentation of the project activities
- Provide regular and timely report on the activities implemented for the project officer
- Coordinate with database team to ensure the data entry
- Take photos and draft occasional success stories as identified in the field and by PD team.
- Report’s ideas and information from project staff or field visits, which may assist in future project proposals. Such information will be included in reports.
Security & Liaison
- Considers safety and security in the field for the team and the beneficiaries
- Immediately report all incidents to the project officer
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience)
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering or another relevant field
- At least 1 years’ practical hands-on experience implementing construction and/or WASH projects
- Previous experience of managing a team of skilled and unskilled daily workers is mandatory.
- Previous experience implementing emergency humanitarian infrastructure response and/or WASH response would be an asset
- Excellent Coordination skills and ability to represent the organization with external stakeholders
- Excellent team-working and communication skills;
- Written and spoken English skills would be an asset
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours
- Organize personal workload and achieve results in time.
- Ability to work under pressure and in a stressful environment
- Ability to communicate with people and create a friendly environment
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل