WASH Project Officer
Project # / Name: Aden WASH
Position Title: WASH Project Officer
Duty Station: Aden
Position End Date: December 31, 2022
Reports To: WASH Program Manager
The WASH Project Officer (PO) will be responsible for implementation of project activities.
- Implement WASH construction and rehabilitation projects.
- Develop designs, BOQs and technical specifications for WASH projects
- Ensure that health and safety, and laws for each project activity are adhered to the safety guidance, SP policies and technical requirements
- Work with contractors and communities to ensure projects are completed according to the BOQs and to the standard of quality expected according to the project implementation plan
- Inspect the materials delivered the sites and ensure that are according the approved quantities and specifications
- Implement distributions of WASH NFI’s.
- Coordinate with project stakeholders regarding beneficiary selection process
- Work with logistics and finance departments on the NFI procurement process
- Supervise the NFI distributions
- Submit reports of NFI distributions to project stakeholders
- Communicate with stakeholders regarding project activities.
- Communicate and coordinate with clusters, authorities, and community regarding project activities
- Responsible for implementing beneficiary feedback system according to humanitarian protection standards
- Communicate with the program manager regarding any challenges or concerns
- Assessment Implementation: collect and compile data in an organized fashion so it can be understood by the organization.
- Conduct technical assessments in project target areas
- Carry out water quality sampling and analyze the data and report the results to the program manager
- Communicate regular progress updates (daily, weekly, monthly) via phone and written report (email).
- Collect beneficiary data and ensure it is documented accurately and with confidentiality
- Collect information such as beneficiary numbers, contractor progress, and success stories to be submitted to the program manager
- Report on activities, achievements, challenges faced at the field level to the program manager
- Ensure proper filing of documents related to the project
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be willing to abide by the organization’s code of conduct as well as be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ability to acquire, build and maintain positive working relationships
2. Ability to teach and train WASH concepts to other people
3. Ability to work on engineering software like AutoCAD and Revit
4. Ability to use Microsoft office (Excel, Word, Power Point)
5. Ability to interact well with people of different educational, cultural, and socio-economic backgrounds
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Arabic, English also preferred
7. Excellent planning, organization, and problem-solving skills
8. Levelheaded and calm demeanor; ability to be flexible to adapt to a frequently changing work environment
9. Self-starter and motivated to succeed, regardless of the task
10. Willing to travel as required
11. Must have high level of integrity and stewardship
12. Committed to the values and ethics of Samaritan’s Purse
Education / Experience Needed
To perform this job well, a candidate should have 2 years’ experience in the WASH sector, including an understanding of WASH practices and the knowledge to implement WASH activities. A degree in engineering is preferred.
The candidate must speak Arabic. An ability to speak English is preferred.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk and run; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 kilograms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may be exposed to loud noises around maintenance and construction workshops.
2. Frequent travel in country with exposure to communicable diseases, hot and humid weather conditions.
3. Able to work in a security context that is fluid.
This is a non-contractual document that can be varied from time to time as circumstances dictate. This job description is intended to summarize the main duties and responsibilities of the post; this is not intended to be a full and exhaustive list of tasks. All Organization staff are expected to demonstrate flexibility and willing to perform appropriate tasks when the need arises.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates meeting the above qualifications and requirements are requested to send their CVs in English to YemenHR@samaritan.org before midnight of May17th, 2022 with the vacancy reference subject: WASH Project Officer
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل